Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Warnock even know his best team?

Always the sign of a good manager.

I know we haven't been helped with injuries etc. but I genuinely don't think Warnock knows his best side or which formation to adopt.

It can't be easy for the back 5 changing every week. Last season it was the defence of Kenny, Walker, Connolly, Gorks and Hill that was the bedrock for seeing us promoted.

This season it is changing every week. All the good sides have a settled side, especially in defence.

Formation wise, we have a lot of different type of players who can't fit into certain formations or don't play well in it. Then there are certain players like Mackie who have to be accomodated in every match as they are not allowed to be dropped.

There in lies the problem.

The next 3/4 months are going to be really painful for us and I can see many of us getting very frustrated with Warnock. I don't think he is doing the best with what he is got and his decision making at times is baffling. I will stick by him, but I certainly feel by the Newcastle game we'll be in the bottom 3 and we'll be in that area for the rest of the season and sadly looking forward to trips like Burnley next season
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Another imprtant issue I feel is that there is lack of confidence among the team. something NW has failed to installed unlike Swansea and Norwich who have Championship players. a clear evidence is SWP performnce which has been shocking.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

IMO he doesn't as for me its clear that the left should be Hill and Traore and the right, Young and SWP, with Taarabt behind whoever up front. How many times has he done this either at the start of a game of finished with it ?

Comment

No team spirit, players played out of position and poor tactics/substitutions....not been Warnocks finest hour this first half of the season

Comment

Don't think he does. And with the formation playing 1 up front it does not work because we haven't got midfield players who get in the box enough. When we get the ball wide and look to play crosses in most times we have only 1 to aim for. Most other teams have 3 or 4 getting in there. We are not putting enough pressure on other teams back fours they can keep their shape and defend anything we put in the box.

Comment

Post of the month!!

But I think(hope) he is aware of the fact that our midfielders are too slow.
            If he get money to buy a midfielder or two I hope they have speed.
            Last edited by Shania; 05-01-2012, 10:41 AM.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
              Always the sign of a good manager.

I know we haven't been helped with injuries etc. but I genuinely don't think Warnock knows his best side or which formation to adopt.

It can't be easy for the back 5 changing every week. Last season it was the defence of Kenny, Walker, Connolly, Gorks and Hill that was the bedrock for seeing us promoted.

This season it is changing every week. All the good sides have a settled side, especially in defence.

Formation wise, we have a lot of different type of players who can't fit into certain formations or don't play well in it. Then there are certain players like Mackie who have to be accomodated in every match as they are not allowed to be dropped.

There in lies the problem.

The next 3/4 months are going to be really painful for us and I can see many of us getting very frustrated with Warnock. I don't think he is doing the best with what he is got and his decision making at times is baffling. I will stick by him, but I certainly feel by the Newcastle game we'll be in the bottom 3 and we'll be in that area for the rest of the season and sadly looking forward to trips like Burnley next season
              Really good point mate.

We've got to find the best back four and stick with that for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                No team spirit, players played out of position and poor tactics/substitutions....not been Warnocks finest hour this first half of the season
                So true mate, the team spirit you would normally associate with a Warnock side just isn't there. Its even more noticeable considering how together we were last season.

Come to think of it, in most games I see one or two players (usually Barton) having a real dig at team mates, can't be helpful.

The tactics and substitutions have at times left me speechless this season.

Comment

Team spirit comes from wins - and we haven't had any lately. There is also a question of whether some of the big names have improved team spirit. And whether some of the coaching and support staff have in turn raised their game to meet the expectations of Premiership players. Its easy in hindsight to see where it all went wrong, starting with the disastrous hand over but for all its imperfections Warno was eventually given quite a lot of money and hasn't done much with it.

Comment

Our best side at moment imo:

I was temped to push Traote to LW but not comfy enough for Hill at LB but would like to see that in future at some point

Kenny
                    Young Ferdinand Gabidon Traore
                    Faurlin Barton
                    SWP (RW) Mackie (LW)

Tarbs

Helguson

Comment

Originally posted by SeanInOz View Post

I was temped to push Traote to LW but not comfy enough for Hill at LB but would like to see that in future at some point

Kenny
                      Faurlin Barton
                      SWP (RW) Mackie (LW)

Tarbs

Helguson
                      Mackie??

Kenny
                      Young, Hall, Ferdinand, Hill
                      SWP, Barton, Faurlin, Traore
                      Adel
                      Heidur

Comment

Originally posted by SeanInOz View Post

Kenny
                        Faurlin Barton
                        SWP (RW) Mackie (LW)

Tarbs

Helguson
                        You have had a few too many tinnies me thinks.....!

Comment

Working...
                        X