Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was todays tactics / selection correct for the oponents faced? ....discuss

Right before we start the team played well
    Anton coming back with gabbidon ha a good game we were more dangerous second half , Jenny had no saves to make and adel was brilliant

But

1 up top at home vs Norwich in a need to win game?
    Swp onthe bench with Barton right and Derry in middle ?

Second half Clint screaming at warnock
    Cos was exposed
    Taking adel off who was best player on park ?

Discuss

Nope, not even close. Tactically today we were awful!

We were lucky to even get our noses in front cos we were playing long ball from the first kick. At home to the likes of Norwich we should be looking at 4-4-2 with a bit of pace on the wing. Instead we line up 4-5-1 with no pace whatsoever.

The ref today was p*ss poor and no doubt Warnock will make some noise about it but the fact is we didn't deserve anything today. Tactics were no good and we didn't start playing until we were a man down.

Comment

Starting Mackie was wrong. Taking Adel off was dubious, but I'd have done it. Adel was playing well. Not the best on the park at all, but did well. Fact is, we needed a second striker to chase the game. Take Derry or Ali off, and we'd have left the defence open even more. With no Barton, and a man down, they kept countering us. Best substitution possible if you ask me, so I'm not having Warnock slated for that one. Too many of you actively seeking reasons to shoot him now.

I only hope he's now seen the light, and gives Mackie a rest. SWP has to start on the right. That much is clear for all to see.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

For me we needed to 442 and really get at them. Id have had Taarbt on the left and SWP on the right Barton/Faurlin combo in the middle.
        Helguson looked lost up top and their back four just scooped up our long balls all day.

Helguson's best attribute is his heading but he wins the headers and theres nobody near him to get the knock down.

Make no mistake the season is passing us by and the teams confidence looks absolutley shot.

Derry and Mackie should not start.

A few of us have been questioning Warnock for months only to be shot down with 'ffs we lost 1-0 at Liverpool ,Man Utd ' etc. Well now its Norwich,Sunderland and Swansea were struggling against.

Granted today we did play better than in recent weeks but a loss is a loss you dont get points for trying hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Starting Mackie was wrong. Taking Adel off was dubious, but I'd have done it. Adel was playing well. Not the best on the park at all, but did well. Fact is, we needed a second striker to chase the game. Take Derry or Ali off, and we'd have left the defence open even more. With no Barton, and a man down, they kept countering us. Best substitution possible if you ask me, so I'm not having Warnock slated for that one. Too many of you actively seeking reasons to shoot him now.

I only hope he's now seen the light, and gives Mackie a rest. SWP has to start on the right. That much is clear for all to see.
          Agree with all this except Derry had to come off instead of Taarabt, we were 2-1 down ffs we needed a goal, whats the point of derry being on the pitch when we need to score. So what if we concede another, if we would have got a point the risk would have paid off.

Comment

Ok I'll take that benny ref adel what about 1 up top
            And no pace when swp on
            Bench?

Comment

He doesn't trust Adel in a 4-4-2. Too many attacking players for someone who regularly gives the ball away. You will see notice that Derry and Tarrabt often start in the same side, Derry is warnock's insurance policy.

With 442 there is no obvious partnership potential either. Maybe at a push DJ and JB would be the most natural, big and small man.
              :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
                He doesn't trust Adel in a 4-4-2. Too many attacking players for someone who regularly gives the ball away. You will see notice that Derry and Tarrabt often start in the same side, Derry is warnock's insurance policy.

With 442 there is no obvious partnership potential either. Maybe at a push DJ and JB would be the most natural, big and small man.
                We were playin norwich surely we want them to think
                About us , why can't Barton Or faurlin play the derry
                Role And leave swp on the right?
                Playing 1 up invites them on to us

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
                  Agree with all this except Derry had to come off instead of Taarabt, we were 2-1 down ffs we needed a goal, whats the point of derry being on the pitch when we need to score. So what if we concede another, if we would have got a point the risk would have paid off.
                  I have to disagree mate. Adel gives the ball away too often to leave the midfield that weak. As I say, he did well, but they'd have killed us on the counter if we'd swapped Derry for Macheda. If Barton was still on, I'd have agreed with you sub, but he wasn't. No point throwing all and the kitchen sink when they could still take the game from us at ease.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                    We were playin norwich surely we want them to think
                    About us , why can't Barton Or faurlin play the derry
                    Role And leave swp on the right?
                    Playing 1 up invites them on to us
                    Not necessarily saying I agree with him, just given my opinion as to why he does it.

In a way we played like the away team today and that was wrong. SWP should have started as he is far more dangerous than Mackie, but then Mackie's scored twice and SWP has given up shooting, so again you can see why he did it.

Tarrabt coming back to form has given NW a headache really.
                    :drunk:

Comment

I have to disagree mate. Adel gives the ball away too often to leave the midfield that weak. As I say, he did well, but they'd have killed us on the counter if we'd swapped Derry for Macheda. If Barton was still on, I'd have agreed with you sub, but he wasn't. No point throwing all and the kitchen sink when they could still take the game from us at ease.
                      I agree with Del on this but i see your point of view. Had the sub been 75 or 80 mins in i would agree with you Benny cause they could have scored a few. Warnock made that sub after 85 mins though so the worst that could have happened was we lost 3-1. A risk worth taking in my opinion in order to gain a vital point.

Comment

Difficult to call whether the tactics were right or wrong today cos the Barton sending off screwed everything up so we will never know what the outcome of the game would have been if it had been 11 v 11. Agree with most that SWP has to start playing on the right and i prefer 4-4-2 but Adel don't fit into 4-4-2 as previous posters have mentioned it leaves us exposed at the back. Adel played well for the most part today.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrotter View Post
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                          X