Fitness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitness

Not too worried by the actual result today. Our Premiership status will be decided by how we do against those outside the top six.

I am concerned, however, about the general lack of fitness shown by some of our players. It cannot be right that our fittest player on the pitch is someone that has just recovered from a broken leg.

I thought Utd players looked a lot fitter than us today.

total rubbish we have beaten chelsea this season run man city close won at everton, its a game's against all teams we need to win ever since the chelsea game things have gone #### up and i think warnock as lost the dressing room and his tactical awareness is non exsitent.

Comment

We do appear to be a pretty slow team, I've no idea whether this is a lack of fitness or we just lack quick players! Faurlin looked like he was running through treacle when trying to chase Carrick back before the goal, Carrick is hardly Linford Christie and he had the ball at this feet an Faurlin got nowhere near him.

Comment

I think we are a very fit team. Statistically, we rarely concede in the last 15 minutes (unlike under De Canio) and players like Faurlin, SWP and Barton can run all day and are rarely injured. The trouble was that we conceded a goal to the champions after 52 secs. From there, any game plan went out of the window and they were happy to play on the counter - to often devastating effect. The pace in their side is frightening and they could also bring on speed merchants like Young and Hernandez at the end. No wonder our boys were knackered. Luke Young and Traore covered an incredible amount of turf up and down the line and were still doing so on 93 mins. The problem was the early goal against a superior team, not our fitness levels.

Comment

Working...
        X