Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

QPR hunt Cantona revenge 15 years after Loftus Road controversy - History

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MYU
    Administrator
    • Mar 2009
    • 43466

    #1

    QPR hunt Cantona revenge 15 years after Loftus Road controversy - History

    QPR face Manchester United at Loftus Road this Sunday for the first time since Eric Cantona's infamously late equaliser back in 1996. Paul Parker is the featured player connection this week.

    More...
  • QPR Richard
    Gold Seat
    • Sep 2011
    • 6489

    #2
    I was at that game. It was agonising. I remember coming out of the ground after feeling totally depressed about the whole thing.

    Revenge time this Sunday!
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

    Comment

    • HammersmithR
      Gold Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 5537

      #3
      Will never forget that game. It demoralised us and was a big reason as to why we went down.


      Where that ref got 7 mins of injury time I will never know.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

      Comment

      • Captain Planet
        Bronze Seat
        • May 2009
        • 917

        #4
        I was fuming about that for weeks. Can't believe it was 15 years ago, feels like only a few years since the worst example of Fergie time ever!

        Comment

        • Captain Planet
          Bronze Seat
          • May 2009
          • 917

          #5
          Looking at those results at the bottom of the article, we actually have don't have that bad a record against United; a lot better than most teams of that era.

          They haven't beaten us by more than 3 goals in the league since 84/85.

          Comment

          • pc1401
            Silver Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 1986

            #6
            Originally posted by HammersmithR
            Will never forget that game. It demoralised us and was a big reason as to why we went down.


            Where that ref got 7 mins of injury time I will never know.

            What I never understood and still don't to this day is, the ref said 7 minutes of stoppage time due to our keeper time wasting.. If that was the case how come he wasn't booked or at least warned about it
            God I miss cooke's pie & mash

            Comment

            • Jase
              Apprentice
              • Apr 2009
              • 208

              #7
              The injury time in that game seemed like an eternity. It was nearly 5pm when the final whistle went iirc.

              I'm convinced that, had we hung on to the lead, not only would we have stayed up, but Newcastle would have won the title. The self belief it would have given us, and the demotivating effect on Utd could have been massive

              Comment

              • danarnie
                Bronze Seat
                • Jun 2011
                • 250

                #8
                Is a horrible memory that I will never forget. I was in Ellerslie Rd that day as well...even closer to goal and their fans.

                Would have completely changed the outcome at the end of the season for sure, especially when you beat them! But never to be and now is the first time we have got to bury the hatchet
                http://mobro.co/dantashtic
                http://twitter.com/danarnie

                Comment

                • Kimimar0
                  Bronze Seat
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 431

                  #9
                  Hated them ferociously since then, what a robbery. We will get our win this Sunday.

                  Comment

                  • w12dave
                    Silver Seat
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 2146

                    #10
                    I was just a kid at this game, I swear I can remember seeing a few bloke at the lower loft at the full time whistle trying to get on the pitch so they can beat the ref up. I even saw one or two grown men crying at the bar!!!

                    Comment

                    • loneranger
                      CCG
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 9505

                      #11
                      Originally posted by w12dave
                      I was just a kid at this game, I swear I can remember seeing a few bloke at the lower loft at the full time whistle trying to get on the pitch so they can beat the ref up. I even saw one or two grown men crying at the bar!!!
                      a few of my pals know where i was just after the goal went in ! i hate them munich flackers. all this time on it still has me over.probably like us losing to norwich 3.2 does to me dad.cost us massive
                      "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

                      London Pride has been handed down to us.
                      London Pride is a flower that's free.
                      London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                      And our pride it for ever will be.

                      Comment

                      • bushcelt1
                        CCG
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 11070

                        #12
                        also was in ellerslie near the manc's for this.....a very sombre feeling after.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

                        Comment

                        • TBLOCKRANGER
                          Silver Seat
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 2909

                          #13
                          Remember the game, gutted. Also detest the United for Parker plus chasing lady boys in Brazil rather than playing the FA Cup. FA cup has never been the same.

                          Comment

                          • silvercue
                            Silver Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4704

                            #14
                            Don't look back in anger - we have a chance to control midfield if JB lives up to his hype. Fancy us for a draw. That will hurt them more than us, so revenge of a sort.
                            twitter @silvercue

                            soundcloud

                            Comment

                            • Martin63
                              Apprentice
                              • Nov 2009
                              • 30

                              #15

                              Comment

                              Working...