When sir Alex see's faurlin.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When sir Alex see's faurlin.....

On Sunday I guarantee there will be interest from man utd in January! There team is hit with injuries and centre midfield is a place they need to strengthen!
    I cant help FAURLIN in the love with you.....

John shuuuuush
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I'll be honest, they'll be looking for someone who's a more finished article than Ali.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        I'll be honest, they'll be looking for someone who's a more finished article than Ali.

As great as Ale is, and potentially even better, Man Utd are a top top side that, IMO, will be looking for somebody a touch better than Ale.

Saying that, I wouldnt swap him for Carrick and he's in the Utd side!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

As good as he is, AF is at the best place at the moment where he is learning how to play in Premier League. But just as Charlie Adam got a move from Blackpool, it is inevitable that AF will get a move away from W12, hopefully in 18 months when he has matured a bit more, sooner if we get relegated.

Comment

Yes most likely correct, but Fergie also likes to grab young talent early before the price hikes.... Hernandez springs to mind. He rushed the signing before the World Cup as expected him to be very good at the tournament, as he was, and if he signed him after that the price would double.

Utd have the luxury of paying big money for players as prospects and then groom them further without necessarilly guaranteeing a first team start, such as the brazilian FB's when they joined and nobody had heard of them.

Also, as for the finished article, the midfielder they are missing the most at present has been Cleverly.... very young, raw and dynamic who's only had a loan at Wigan before this season. Who knows what Fergie see's in certain individuals and how he thinks they could interact with top quality players.

Comment

come on lads he's good but he ain't world class yet!

Comment

if ale add's a more attacking element to his game or even starts showing some set piece brilliance then the big clubs will come in.

at the moment id say he is a player who will always play it safe, you dont see too many creative passes by ale(that said against liverpool nobody made any movement). he's added some bite in his game, willing to put himself about but sometimes comes off abit light. i dont think the 'breakup' player is suited to his skills. i'd like to think he'd be better if he was to press on up the pitch abit more.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
                  if ale add's a more attacking element to his game or even starts showing some set piece brilliance then the big clubs will come in.

at the moment id say he is a player who will always play it safe, you dont see too many creative passes by ale(that said against liverpool nobody made any movement). he's added some bite in his game, willing to put himself about but sometimes comes off abit light. i dont think the 'breakup' player is suited to his skills. i'd like to think he'd be better if he was to press on up the pitch abit more.
                  Agree with some of that but wd point out he can do some very creative passes - eg the one that put traore through on the wing to cross to Heider and score against Stoke. A couple of stonking good long range passes in recent games that will stay in the memory too. But generally he doesn't hit enough final balls, so while he is involved in the build up for a lot of our play I am guessing he hasn't been credited with that many actual assists. And so far he has not shown much ability at long range shooting (Wolves aside) which you need to play in midfield for a top club these days (unless you are a purely holding midfielder sat in front of the back four which he isn't quite).

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Yes most likely correct, but Fergie also likes to grab young talent early before the price hikes.... Hernandez springs to mind. He rushed the signing before the World Cup as expected him to be very good at the tournament, as he was, and if he signed him after that the price would double.

Utd have the luxury of paying big money for players as prospects and then groom them further without necessarilly guaranteeing a first team start, such as the brazilian FB's when they joined and nobody had heard of them.

Also, as for the finished article, the midfielder they are missing the most at present has been Cleverly.... very young, raw and dynamic who's only had a loan at Wigan before this season. Who knows what Fergie see's in certain individuals and how he thinks they could interact with top quality players.
                    Huge differences here. Hernandez was an addition to a decent front-line, so Fergie could bed him in. Any midfielder being brought in would need to be ready to take on the leading resposibility as they literally have no one in that area. As good as Faurlin is, he is not nearly ready for that responsability. As for the full-backs, he still had Neville, and Evra is one of the best LB's in world football, so again, not a huge risk as they were not needed to be thrown straight in.

With Cleverly, he was sent out to gain first team action, and improved ten-fold. Also, he is already owned by United as he came through the youth set-up. Nowhere near as much of a gamble as spending £17m+ on a player. Put it this way, if the situation was like this a couple of years ago, I doubt Fergie would have touched Anderson.

They need to pull out all the stops for a Sneijder or a Ganso.

Comment

AF has performed very well this season, but there is no chance United will sign him in Jan.

We wouldn't let them.

Comment

Huge differences here. Hernandez was an addition to a decent front-line, so Fergie could bed him in. Any midfielder being brought in would need to be ready to take on the leading resposibility as they literally have no one in that area. As good as Faurlin is, he is not nearly ready for that responsability. As for the full-backs, he still had Neville, and Evra is one of the best LB's in world football, so again, not a huge risk as they were not needed to be thrown straight in.

With Cleverly, he was sent out to gain first team action, and improved ten-fold. Also, he is already owned by United as he came through the youth set-up. Nowhere near as much of a gamble as spending £17m+ on a player. Put it this way, if the situation was like this a couple of years ago, I doubt Fergie would have touched Anderson.

spot on Ali is good but no where near top team in the perm yet, no where near

Comment

You miss my point completely. People were suggesting he wouldn't consider AF becasue he's not the finished article. My point was basically, "IF" he showed any interest, it wouldn't necessarilly be as a finished article, but potentially one for the near future. The fact is he may well pursue a sneijder or another bigger name as critical, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't also see some potential in AF as he has a proven record of buying players who maybe aren't ready for UTD at the time of buying. AF would certainly be of that ilk, if there is any interest, which there may or may not be.

Let's not forget also that Utd have dropped a big clanger by failing to qualify for the CL knockout stages and that already (i'm sure) assumed revenue, now lost, may dent any wage pot he has to play with for signings, meaning the very top bracket of players could be less likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            You miss my point completely. People were suggesting he wouldn't consider AF becasue he's not the finished article. My point was basically, "IF" he showed any interest, it wouldn't necessarilly be as a finished article, but potentially one for the near future. The fact is he may well pursue a sneijder or another bigger name as critical, but it doesn't mean he wouldn't also see some potential in AF as he has a proven record of buying players who maybe aren't ready for UTD at the time of buying. AF would certainly be of that ilk, if there is any interest, which there may or may not be.

Let's not forget also that Utd have dropped a big clanger by failing to qualify for the CL knockout stages and that already (i'm sure) assumed revenue, now lost, may dent any wage pot he has to play with for signings, meaning the very top bracket of players could be less likely.
                            I didn't miss that point, mate as it wasn't made. You said they have that luxury, and I was explaining that this time, they don't. You also compared the Cleverly, Hernandez and Da Silva twins situation. I just said this time it was different. Also, he'll still have a budget. He won't want to spend £17m of that on a player who may or may not work out.

If Fergie proves me wrong, then fair play, but I can't see that happening in this window.

You make a valid point on the CL thing, but this is still Man Utd. Plenty of world class players would be bang up for playing for them.

Comment

Have to agree. He's good but top 4 player he ain't

Comment

Working...
                              X