Lewis has QPR trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lewis has QPR trial

Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis could be set to join Queens Park Rangers in the January transfer window.

More...

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    Peterborough goalkeeper Joe Lewis could be set to join Queens Park Rangers in the January transfer window.

More...
    IMO, that would be a ridiculous move for a goalkeeper of his standing, moving to be a No 2, when he is a number one.

Comment

need someone to score more than someone to save!
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
        IMO, that would be a ridiculous move for a goalkeeper of his standing, moving to be a No 2, when he is a number one.
        Westwood joined Sunderland as a No.2, look at him now, it would be a good move for him and the club, it keeps Paddy on his toes.

With Cerny as a No3 gives us a good core of keepers.

We also have a few you keepers in the background.
        Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          Westwood joined Sunderland as a No.2, look at him now, it would be a good move for him and the club, it keeps Paddy on his toes.

With Cerny as a No3 gives us a good core of keepers.

We also have a few you keepers in the background.
          I agree, as he is a top, top keeper, but he is a number 1 not 2. Also, we signed a number two in the summer in Brian Murphy but I guess as Joe Lewis is U21, he wont take a place in the 25 man squad.

Also, having keepers in the background who are over 21 and not in the 25 is pointless.

Comment

How did you feel "Flapper" performed on Sat Paul?

Comment

I agree, as he is a top, top keeper, but he is a number 1 not 2. Also, we signed a number two in the summer in Brian Murphy but I guess as Joe Lewis is U21, he wont take a place in the 25 man squad.

Also, having keepers in the background who are over 21 and not in the 25 is pointless.
              He is 24 mate.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That's not true mate, these guys have to be able to step up to the plate at a moments notice, you need experience at this level, I suspect Cerny will be gone soon( well maybe not after Saturday)
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Yes Cerny played a blinder on Saturday and in fact, he has done a great job since Paddy's injury. However, as soon as Paddy (or Murphy for that matter) is fit enough to play, Radek will gladly step aside and await the next emergency.

He is not a young man (despite the fact keepers mature with age) but the injury he has makes both training and playing exceedingly painful. It cannot be fixed and the phrase used at the Club is the injury is "being managed" - which in real terms means he plays through the pain barrier but would really rather not.

The man is a model pro and I just wish there was a little less ignorance attached to some of the more critical posts about him over the last couple of years.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    How did you feel "Flapper" performed on Sat Paul?
                    Stainrod, you are only confirming what a pathetic waste of oxygen you are with your continuation of your pathetic, snidey little digs. Have a look back and you will see what I thought.
                    Last edited by paulmason; 12-12-2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      He is 24 mate.
                      I read this on Sky and assumed he was U21.

"The England Under 21 international will be out of contract at the end of the season and would be eligible for a free transfer"

Comment

That's not true mate, these guys have to be able to step up to the plate at a moments notice, you need experience at this level, I suspect Cerny will be gone soon( well maybe not after Saturday)
                        Whats pointless ?, if they are over 21 and not in the 25, that can not play, no matter how good or experienced they are.

Comment

I read this on Sky and assumed he was U21.

"The England Under 21 international will be out of contract at the end of the season and would be eligible for a free transfer"
                          Fair enough mate. Tbh I thought he was 21 also!

IMO, he would be a cracking buy, although unsure he would want to come as 2nd choise? If he is prepared to be, would be a superb no2 and, at his age, be a brilliant replacement for Paddy when he hangs his gloves up!
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Whats pointless ?, if they are over 21 and not in the 25, that can not play, no matter how good or experienced they are.
                            I think after Jan: it will be Paddy and Lewis if he signs that will be named in the 25, Murphy will be available as an emergency that can be called upon if required, may well be loaned out, or his injury is worst than wehave been informed.
                            Kept the faith!

Comment

I think after Jan: it will be Paddy and Lewis if he signs that will be named in the 25, Murphy will be available as an emergency that can be called upon if required, may well be loaned out, or his injury is worst than wehave been informed.
                              That would be great for QPR FC as he is far to good to be a no 2.

Regarding Murphy, as you have seen recent events, if they are not in the 25, they aint playing, emergency or not.
                              Last edited by paulmason; 12-12-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X