Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoke's shrunken pitch

How small have they made the pitch?

It looks massive on TV, why does everyone say its the smallest pitch in the league when ours looks smaller?
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

you can see the lines where they have shrunk it

Comment

Stoke 115 yds x 75 yds
        Loftus Road 112 x 72

Taken from http://www.footballgroundguide.com/

These were probably pre the change though.

Unbelievable though is Highbury which used to be 110 x 70 (probably the reason they were never allowed to play European games there and used Wembley, also why they found it so easy to play offside (opponents not realising how far up the pitch they were)
        Last edited by 80sCasual; 11-12-2011, 05:59 PM.
        Queens Park Rangers
        NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
          Stoke 115 yds x 75 yds
          Loftus Road 112 x 72

Taken from http://www.footballgroundguide.com/
          112 x 72 is in meters. What would this be converted to yards? Im curious now
          Stokes is 100 x 64 in meters so ours is actually bigger. doesn't look like it on tv though
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Looks like they have narrowed the pitch, not sure if it is just to negate Lennon and Bale today?

Comment

the pitch was narrowed when we played them aswel
              thought at time to do with their throw in routine vs us

Comment

Is it not to do with them being in europe and the pitch having to be a certain size??

Comment

they do it because under europa league rules the pitch has to be bigger I think so this is normal size just looks small because u can see the other lines.
                  Only one of the voices in my head is crazy...

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
                    112 x 72 is in meters. What would this be converted to yards? Im curious now
                    Stokes is 100 x 64 in meters so ours is actually bigger. doesn't look like it on tv though
                    Funny how it says on the website yards for all sizes isn't it, strange that eh?
                    It must be wrong though if you say it is.
                    Queens Park Rangers

Comment

Funny how it says on the website yards for all sizes isn't it, strange that eh?
                      It must be wrong though if you say it is.
                      Yes but I forgot to say I got my info from Wikipedia. And yes I am always right

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
                        Yes but I forgot to say I got my info from Wikipedia. And yes I am always right
                        And you do know that Wikipedia is updated by the public don't you?
                        I mean if i wanted to updated it and say we had signed Lionel Messi then that is what everyone would be able to see.

In other words although there are things that are sometimes true on there, it does also mean that you will see the odd mistake.
                        Queens Park Rangers

Comment

And you do know that Wikipedia is updated by the public don't you?
                          I mean if i wanted to updated it and say we had signed Lionel Messi then that is what everyone would be able to see.

In other words although there are things that are sometimes true on there, it does also mean that you will see the odd mistake.
                          yeahh true...but who would really want to go and edit the pitch dimensions on the wiki page of Loftus Road

Comment

They done it just not to give spurs so much space and tighten the game up for their wide players , well done to them for the initiative. also I think we have narrowed our pitch a bit teams should use all advantages to get results

Comment

Originally posted by Slydo View Post
                              they do it because under europa league rules the pitch has to be bigger I think so this is normal size just looks small because u can see the other lines.
                              Is exactly the right answer
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X