Thoughts on yesterday.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on yesterday.......

I must admit I feared a thumping going up there and on another day we might have got one, but I think Warnock's tactics and not for the first time this season let him down.

I saw Liverpool's games against Swansea and Norwich and both sides had chances up there. They had a go. Warnock has banged on all season about having a go at teams but yesterday there was no evidence of that.

It was a blow to be without Helgusson, but Bothroyd was woeful. If you are going to play the lone striker you have to run all day and play for cause, but Bothroyd just doesn't move, hold the ball up or release the ball quick enough.

Cerny was top draw and kept us in it whilst some bigger players were poor. Barton didn't have his best game whilst SWP I just can't work out. He gets into some good positions, but looks to cut inside every time rather than going round them and putting some quality in the box.

The game was crying out for Tarabat and I really hope he was 'injured' because no way does Smith or Mackie deserve to be ahead of him. Whatever you think of Tarabat he changes a game and yesterday a moment of magic from him might have got us a point.

Some players have shown they're not good enough for the Prem and I am sure will be moved on in January.

But my God we need to find some more creativity in the side plus a couple of centre forwards otherwise I can't see us scoring too many goals to secure the points we need to stay up.

Positives were that DJ, Connolly and Dyer were back and I am sure they'll have their part to play over the next few weeks.

With Traore soon off to the African Cup our left flank is not going to offer much going forward in a month where we have some winnable games.

Some of our bigger players have start showing the worth of their salaries and Warnock really has to start changing his tactics at times. I knew before the game that Hill and Orr would play at some part because of their connection to Liverpool. They were never going to change a game!

Very disappointing all round, but once again a great turn out from Rangers fans. Loads of fans up there who I have never seen before at an away game. No doubt it will be even worse at Arsenal.

Massive game against United now.

My team would be:

Kenny (should be back)
    Young
    Gabiddon
    Connolly (Hall/Ferdinand injured)
    Traore
    SWP
    Faurlin
    Barton
    Mackie
    Campbell (would prefer Tarabat, but doubt it)
    Helgusson
    Last edited by HammersmithR; 11-12-2011, 01:42 PM.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Agree with most of that. Many on here seem happy only to lose 1-0 and don't have a problem with the lack of ambition. A point was definitely there for the taking against a below-par Liverpool side, and was needed after Norwich and WBA results. We may as well give it a go, as NW said we would. Sounds good but we didn't do it.

Regarding next weeks team you're probably right but Orr and Connelly would worry the hell out of me. Thought Hall was fit now?
    http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Why would you drop Young?

Comment

Agree about tarbs..last couple of games could have done with him.

With the side v united....Cerny has to start after yesterday & where is Young?!
        Now, Then, Forever
        [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

Good post Dave.

Personally think Mackie needs to sit out a couple of games & see how someone else gets on. Let's be honest he's not in the side for his amazing ability is he? He's there because he doesn't stop running but that really is about it unfortunately & that is just not enough at the top level.

No young?
          Last edited by Ric-Roc; 11-12-2011, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Id have Dyer over Mackie if fit enough.

Comment

Dunno if I'm being simplistic but I thought we lost it in opening few minutes when we appeared to be half asleep and they were buzzing about pinging balls everywhere..... we had no head of steam and never got going.
              Slack/lax marking for their throws and quick corners, failing to pick-up their runners and just giving them the run of the place. Conversely, some of our throw-ins were awful.... just conceded posssion back to them.
              So rather than looking at performance of individual players I'd wanna run the microscope over our pre-match itinerary and build-up and work out how on earth 10 players were seemingly ill-prepared and not pumped and ready to go into battle at 3pm.

Comment

Young is in the side. Cerny played well yesterday and if Kenny is fit you play your best team. Kenny is better than Cerny. No room for sentiment. Not like Warnock yesterday with Hill and Orr coming on in a game where we were meant to be chasing the game.

Hall is injured (surprise), so no other centre backs. Perone can't even make the squad, yet was included in the 25.
                First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
                  Young is in the side. Cerny played well yesterday and if Kenny is fit you play your best team. Kenny is better than Cerny. No room for sentiment. Not like Warnock yesterday with Hill and Orr coming on in a game where we were meant to be chasing the game.

Hall is injured (surprise), so no other centre backs. Perone can't even make the squad, yet was included in the 25.
                  Disagree re Cerny. He had a stormer yesterday(easily MOM), so surely it would send out all the wrong messages if Paddy was brought straight back? Raddy deserves to keep his place after the way he performed yesterday imo.

That being said, I do think Pads is a better keeper.
                  Now, Then, Forever
                  [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

cerny saved us from a hiding, if they had scored early on, we may have been run ragged but he made some good saves and that gave us hope....
                    their goal came from young not staying with suarez, ok...we move on and learn from it.
                    if we had attacked them more early on, would they have then got us on the break?
                    we were expected to lose and did...only just.
                    we ended up having a go and can take some hope....we've played chelsea,man city and liverpool now and not been disgraced.

Comment

we ended up having a go
                      Really? Did Reina break sweat?

NW said we would go for it - yesterday content not to take a battering. There is a big difference.
                      http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by PedalR View Post
                        Dunno if I'm being simplistic but I thought we lost it in opening few minutes when we appeared to be half asleep and they were buzzing about pinging balls everywhere..... we had no head of steam and never got going.
                        Slack/lax marking for their throws and quick corners, failing to pick-up their runners and just giving them the run of the place. Conversely, some of our throw-ins were awful.... just conceded posssion back to them.
                        So rather than looking at performance of individual players I'd wanna run the microscope over our pre-match itinerary and build-up and work out how on earth 10 players were seemingly ill-prepared and not pumped and ready to go into battle at 3pm.

Agreee, and it happens too often.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X