Where to drink in Liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to drink in Liverpool

For those going to liverpool tomorrow any idea where to drink? arriving at 11 am so dont want to be walking around for ages not knowing where to go!

The arkles is supposedly an away boozer by the away end on arkles lane or road.

Will head there no doubt or 1 in the city centre

Comment

You driving up or on the train ?

Comment

train mate thanks

Comment

I'm going to drink in Toxteth.
          Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
            I'm going to drink in Toxteth.
            Flash Harry... Well nice round there.
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Theoretically you're welcome in all pubs round there if you're not to lairy or ill-mannered. Frankly, the area's a slum and would be bulldozed if football ground wasn't there - consequently all the pub's are a bit grim if you ask me. Despite the "all are welcome" approach I'm not sure I'd stick my nose in The Sandon, The Stanley, The Park or Twelfth Man: just stick to The Arkles which seems to have been the de facto away pub for yonks. Half a mile from Arkles, The Willow Bank (bottom of Walton Breck Road) is a cut above the aforementioned pubs.
              On street parking will be next to impossible... it's all Residents Only for literally miles around. There are big official car parks near-by - probably worth just taking it on the chin and stumping up to park in them. Nearest road/area I can think of where you can park on street is Sheil Road L6.... a good 15 minute walk away.
              Finally, given ropey nature of pubs around Anfield, if you're on train I'd get a drink in city centre and just flit in and out of Anfield for the game.

Comment

Working...
              X