Faurlin - bit gutted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faurlin - bit gutted

Think NW must have the lads in extra training. AF was due to make an appearance at our school today as we ran a QPR coaching session for the kids - pulled out at the 11th hour.
    Would have liked to meet him, the kids were dissappointed too as it's the local club for many of the kids here, but i'd rather he gets in a good performance on saturday if that's the reason why he couldn't make it down.

Ha ha. I was actually just going to post something up about this!

My other half arranged this all today. I assume you are talking about C*****a Academy. She is the Head of Languages there.

She has been planning for this day for months. She said the 4 coaches that were there today from the club were superb, but she got a phone call from the club at 11am saying that Faurlin wasn't going to turn up. I don't believe there was any extra training in the afternoon as he was due at 1pm and was meant to be there for the whole afternoon giving out trophies etc.

It really is poor from the club as I hear of so many events that players cancel at the last minute. For all we know Faurlin might have a legit reason to have not been able to make it but the club could't even say why. The school is the largest non selective secondary school in Kensington and Chelsea which is where a lot of our fans come from and would have been a great opportunity for the club to build on this with future support and talent. I know Andy Evans and his team do such a great job in the local area and it's events like this where the players should be doing their bit to support him.

Not surprised to hear that some of the football talent there has been snapped up by rival clubs.

Rangers and their PR is appalling at times. I am hacked off as well as the amount of money I spend on Rangers following them home and away over the years and they can't even fulfil a commitment to hundreds of school kids who for many of them couldn't even set foot into Loftus Rd but live in the local area.
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Really poor show - you should tweet Fernandez or Bhatia about this

Comment

yeh mate, that very school.
        It's a shame when half our kids are North Kensington/Ladbroke grove etc and are just at the age to be getting into football and clubs. tbf it might have nothing to do with AF, just a bit gutted. I wore a blue tie and everything to work today!
        but as for the coaches who came down - yeh, did well. took around 600 students...whom not all of them fancied running around a playground in the freezing cold today! fair play to them, but as for PR (lack of) - spot on: just terrible. I'm forever seeing all the other clubs' players at different school/local community sports' halls...last thing I saw of rangers was JB and SWP the other month. i'm sure they do stuff being the cameras though which is good.

Comment

I know. Real shame. She has literally spent hours arranging for today. Has given up the last few weekends sorting it out. A lot of the cost for the day has come out of her own pocket as well. As the whole day was about promoting languages she was desperate for a player who spoke either French or Spanish so I was so pleased for her when the club emailed that it would be Alejandro Faurlin. Plus it's a player that so many of the kids know. The fact that so many of the kids are from Ladbroke Grove, Latimer Rd, White City etc. it was a perfect opportunity for the club to build on its links with the biggest non selective secondary school and closest to Loftus Rd. But sadly, this is typical of QPR players at fan/school events.

The players are done for their day most days by lunchtime. All they wanted was a player to come down and support the QPR Football in the Community coaches and the teachers who are trying to encourage the local kids to do the right thing in society.

I just hope Faurlin had a really good reason why he couldn't give up part of his afternoon after promising the school and the children.

You must know my other half then??

You a teacher there?

You'll know Shawsey as well who is the Head of the PE Department. He's another person who does a lot of good between the Secondary schools in the local boroughs. He has done things with QPR.
          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

QPR.......extra training.......

Comment

*bumb*

One year on, no change. He was meant to come in today to do the very same thing but no show.

Last year, was thinking it could have been due to training but he was in the U21s game (Elite developement squad thing no?) so must have been off by this afternoon - can't see them doing THAT much training! plus he's not featured in a few games so probably not always called to the training ground.

Last year - bit gutted
              This year - what's he playing at? it's only 60mins of his week and he's not exactly being called upon to star as a guest on all these different sky sports shows.

dunno - used to really rate him but starting to feel otherwise now...bit unfortunate.

Comment

I'm speechless, the club should have sent a replacement player.

Things like this give the club and players a bad name.

Comment

That's very very shabby treatment of the school and especially the kids. Was any contact made with him close to the due date to reconfirm his attendance? Shouldn't have been necessary to do that in any case. Poor show.

Comment

that is very poor...club should apologise at least

Comment

very very poor!!!!!!
                      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Yeah, poor show from Faurlin and the club once again. The school is one the biggest secondary schools in the catchment area of QPR. Just down the road. The club did not even have the decency to ring my other half up who for the 2nd year had planned the languages day which would see a QPR player turn up. Faurlin was promised after the no show of last year. No wonder the club miss out on so much local talent to other clubs, especially when some kids in the school even play for QPR in the youth set up! The club could have sent any QPR player who spoke a foreign language like French or Spanish...........we have enough of them! The club considering how rubbish we have been this season should be pushing the boat out for local projects like this. Utter shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                          yeh mate, that very school.
                          It's a shame when half our kids are North Kensington/Ladbroke grove etc and are just at the age to be getting into football and clubs. tbf it might have nothing to do with AF, just a bit gutted. I wore a blue tie and everything to work today!
                          but as for the coaches who came down - yeh, did well. took around 600 students...whom not all of them fancied running around a playground in the freezing cold today! fair play to them, but as for PR (lack of) - spot on: just terrible. I'm forever seeing all the other clubs' players at different school/local community sports' halls...last thing I saw of rangers was JB and SWP the other month. i'm sure they do stuff being the cameras though which is good.

I was saying to my other half she should try and speak to Philip Beard who even lives very close to the school! Seen him on his bike a few times in the area!

Comment

shockingly bad, someone should indeed write to beard about this.

Comment

poor show.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2