Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoid standing at Liverpool

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/TicketNews....html#continue

If you read the announcement it seems like a very reasonable request from the club under the circumstances.

I was at Anfield last time we played there in Aug 1995. It wasn't a big support that night (midweek game) but even then the Anfield Road end was pretty old and the back rows didn't have great viewing. Not a problem then as there were enough empty seats at the front for people to move forwards. That will not be the case on Saturday with a sell out crowd and several hundred of the seats Rangers sold are marked "severely restricted view" - rows 35 and 36 I think.

I know sitting at games is a bit of a yawn but if everyone stands then several hundred Rs fans will see nothing of the game.

I know Liverpool have also reduced the ticket allocation for Man Utd due to
    persistent standing so that's yet another reason why it's best for Rs fans to
    sit down on Saturday where possible - as if ensuring that our fans with the
    severely restricted view tickets see something of the game isn't enough.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-14445873

Martin

Hmmmmmmm
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Yep..this is the view from there http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cf2672on9.jpg/

Can't imagine how bad it would be with people standing up
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Wow that's shite.

Everton was not to different at the back of the lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
          Wow that's shite.

Everton was not too different at the back of the lower.
          True. I was in the back row at Everton and had to stand BUT at least I could see the pitch. Apparently at Anfield if everyone stands then the 2 back rows see nothing, apart from the backs of peoples heads.

To be fair to the club they did warn fans that if they bought those seats that the views were severely resticted:

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/TicketNews...515095,00.html

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
            Yep..this is the view from there http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...cf2672on9.jpg/

Can't imagine how bad it would be with people standing up
            Worse if people were hanging from the ceiling...

Comment

Originally posted by dogge View Post
              Worse if people were hanging from the ceiling...
              haha, well ok it looks like you can see some of the pitch if everyone stands up but it would still be a crap view!
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Thats a relatively new stand so begs the question who the hell designed it like that and how did they get away with it.

Comment

I was back row in the school end v Leeds. Seen very little of the game with that net thing and heads in front of me. Never again.

Comment

If it gets too bad maybe you could stand in the isles, I do prefer it when everyone stands at away games as it adds to the atmosphere but if it's restricting fellow r's views then I don't agree with it. Luckily I'm sitting front row behind the goal
                    BORN A RANGER, LIVE A RANGER, DIE A RANGER RTID!!

Comment

That scaffolding and netting in the lower school end was a living nightmare, if it hadn't of been for the occassion I wouldve been pissed off having spent thay much money on a ticket with a view like that

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Thats a relatively new stand so begs the question who the hell designed it like that and how did they get away with it.
                        Built in 1998 I believe - disgraceful

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Class. Purely to wind up away fans who spend so much time telling others to sit down, they get distracted from supporting their team.

Comment

Anyone sat in those seats, how was the view?

Comment

got to say was fkd off with mine the boy coul dhardly see anything was about 8 rows from the back, i ordered those tickets a in past 9 am on day of release dont know how i ended up with such crap ones

Comment

Working...
                              X