Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joey Barton challenges Newcastle chairman Derek Llambias to take a lie detector test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey Barton challenges Newcastle chairman Derek Llambias to take a lie detector test

Midfielder responds to threat of legal action by challenging Newcastle chairman Derek Llambias to a lie detector test on TV.

More...

Ah joe. Just take a break man.

Comment

WTF, they heading on to jeremy kyle next week?

Comment

Don't blame him for sticking up for himself but f@ck sake turn it in.

Any chance of channelling your energy elsewhere.... Like a football pitch maybe?

Comment

He's clearly still very bitter about his treatment as this and the Open All R's QPR podcast bear out.

Comment

Gettin a bit old now alright. Sighhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Any chance of channelling your energy elsewhere.... Like a football pitch maybe?
              I agree with that bit quite a lot, by the sounds of it they are idiots and Joey's doing the right thing if you ask me
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Shut up Joey FFS! We pay your wages now and not them.

Comment

Oh dear. Now a man should let a fat w@nker and his sidekick openly #### him?

Fairplay to Joey on this one. Far more restrained than I'd be.
                  Your mum would love me...

Comment

Joey is right and far too intelligent for that classless idiot Llambas. As for channelling his energies he posts these views on twitter whilst relaxing at home in the evenings, so it not really IMO interfering with any commitments he has to us. I enjoy following joey on twitter very intelligent and articulate. Even my wife likes him !!

Comment

The lad has done and said a few things that have wound me up in the past. I even heard something he said in his time here that was pretty out of order, but this time he's bang on. As I said, I'd have said a bit more on top of that. He's clearly got something on those two as he's pretty vocal and adamant about it all.

There was a big thread about standing up for yourself on here recently. Where's the difference here?

Parity and all that. It's clearly an issue he's not happy about. What would you do in his shoes?

Be honest.

Comment

Another thing to add to this. With Adel slagging the club, disrespecting the boss, throwing a strop at the fans, walking out at half time, going missing and not reporting back, etc.

How many defended that? Take the arrogance away and you lose the genius. Oh that's just Adel, you know what you get. All sorts of reasons to defend him.

On that basis, couldn't you say the same for Barton? At least he's tried to improve his attitude to life, and at least he puts in a shift.

All this is his own undoing, granted, but why our fans feel the need to pop at him all the time is beyond me. Let him do what he does in his own time, and put the hard work in for us on match day. That's all I want from him.
                        Last edited by BennyBoyRs; 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post

Since Joey has been playing in the middle with Faurlin, (his best position) what more do you want from him on the pitch ?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                            Another thing to add to this. With Adel slagging the club, disrespecting the boss, throwing a strop at the fans, walking out at half time, going missing and not reporting back, etc.

How many defended that? Take the arrogance away and you lose the genius. Oh that's just Adel, you know what you get. All sorts of reasons to defend him.

On that basis, couldn't you say the sane for Barton? At least he's tried to improve his attitude to life, and at least he puts in a shift.

All this is his own undoing, granted, but why our fans feel the need to pop at him all the time is beyond me. Let him do what he does in his own time, and put the hard work in for us on match day. That's all I want from him.
                            Some people on here really think Adel should be allowed to do what he wants whenever he wants and we should just accept it, but Joey has to shut up and knuckle down. Several weeks ago when all sorts of people were digging out Joey, it was crystal clear that they were the same people who wanted Adel to still be captain and treated like he was last year.
                            Last edited by paulmason; 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulmason View Post
                              Since Joey has been playing in the middle with Faurlin, (his best position) what more do you want from him on the pitch ?
                              Would rather our players on the back pages not the front.

To much to ask?

Comment

Working...
                              X