Dann and Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dann and Hoilett

We need CB and LM players and by taking these 2 very good players off of Blackburn would make for good business imo.

It would cost us more in Jan than if we waited to see if they are relegated but waiting is a risk if they do sack Kean and then stay up.

2 realistic and very good signings imo. What do you think?

I don't see either as realistic. Dann has just gone to Blackburn for £7m, and they won't want to sell him for any less than £10m. Not that they'd do it after having him all of five minutes.

Hoilet is one of the hottest prospects in the league, and will be off to a big club.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

Hoilett would be a good signing. Dann I'm not sure about.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Danns only just joined and wouldn't imagine Blackburn letting their best CB go when they're in the middle of a relegation battle. Then again they have just given Kean a new contract so anything could happen.

Hoillet has just signed a new deal too so don't think he'd be available until at least the summer.

But you're right, these are definitely the sort of players we should be looking at, be a chance of getting one of them next summer if Blackburn go down.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Hoilet is one of the hottest prospects in the league, and will be off to a big club.
          Yes he has already stated he would fancy a top 5 club
          QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Hoilett won't get more than 25% game time in a top 5 team. He would start every week for us and if he sees other quality players coming in as well we could then be a top 8 side next season.

Comment

Hoilett is one of the most outstanding players I've seen at rangers this season, I'd love him here, but as already stated I think he will end up at a top club..Liverpool possibly.

Comment

Imagine this team right to left

Paddy
                Young
                Ferdinand
                Dann
                Traore
                SWP
                Barton
                Faurlin
                Hoilett
                HH
                Defoe/Maynard/Zamora

Bench wouldn't be too bad either

Comment

Would much rather Samba than Dann. My Blackburn supporting mate said Dann has had some good patches but also looks poor at times. There is no chance of us at all signing Hoilett.
                  Estamos QPR

Comment

I don't see either as realistic. Dann has just gone to Blackburn for £7m, and they won't want to sell him for any less than £10m. Not that they'd do it after having him all of five minutes.

Dann, albeit at a poor side, hasnt exactly set the world alight at all at Blackburn. Would rather Bassong all day.

As Benny says, if Hoilett goes, it will be to a top 5,6 or 7 club.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

the only way we may get dann is they get to jan and and are cut off at the bottem, if they are only 3-4 points behind a load of others they will not sell anyone

Comment

Just seen on the BBC site that Kean is to get 10m to spend in Jan.

Comment

Why is there this myth about the Birmingham defence from last year being so great.... they got relegated.

This year Johnson is playing pooly in a poor Wolves side after a big fee move and Dann is not doing much for Blackburn clearly, again after a big fee.

Many on here wee also desperate for us to put in a bid for Ridgewell also i reacall.... Why, they clearly aren't as good as people think. They may have done some very good things last year in patches as they would have been dfending more often than not, but i expect there must have been plenty of shambolic defending also.

Anyway, why this would be seen as realistic is beyond me. They've just spent loads on him, and they will either believe he's as good as they hoped and need him to try and avoid relegation, or they would want to recoup their money if they sold him, and if they did choose to sell it would tell everyone he's not as good as they thought and nobody would pay the money.

Hoilett tbf does look very useful... other say he'd go to a top 4/5 club, but as good as he may be, i'm not sure he's that good yet for them to take a chance. He could be worth a cheeky bid, but again, if they rate him they'd not sell as would want him to help them stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Why is there this myth about the Birmingham defence from last year being so great.... they got relegated.
                            That wasn't a huge amount to do with them defensively. They had the 9th best defence in the league last year, the same as the year before where they conceeded 47. Pretty good for a team who only had the two years up there. Their main problem was scoring.

We've already conceeded 24 this season. Granted, 10 of thos came in two games (Bolton and Fulham), but that's besides the point.

Dann is a very good defender, as is Samba. They're just playing in a poor side with a rubbish manager. Not saying he's the answer, but just to point out that it's no myth that they had a defence which was more than good enough for Prem football.
                            Your mum would love me...

Comment

That wasn't a huge amount to do with them defensively. They had the 9th best defence in the league last year, the same as the year before where they conceeded 47. Pretty good for a team who only had the two years up there. Their main problem was scoring.

We've already conceeded 24 this season. Granted, 10 of thos came in two games (Bolton and Fulham), but that's besides the point.

Dann is a very good defender, as is Samba. They're just playing in a poor side with a rubbish manager. Not saying he's the answer, but just to point out that it's no myth that they had a defence which was more than good enough for Prem football.

I know what you're saying, and tbh haven't seen enough of the individuals to really make a judgement, because they played such boring football i avoided their games. The argument for their low goals against tally could also have been due to the fact the manager was sooooo negative and they pretty much had 9 defenders on the pitch every game with 1 up front.

Comment

Working...
                              X