QPR boss targets striker swoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QPR boss targets striker swoop

MANAGER Neil Warnock has identified QPR’s main target in the January transfer window – Heidar Helguson’s twin brother.

More...

IF we could sign Onouha, Bassong and a PL quality striker (AJ/Defoe/Pav?) we would, IMO, be a very strong side and easily be pushing for a top half finish. Not that I would expect it and be disapointed with anything less (as I would still take a 17th place finish all day long!), but a starting 11 of:

Kenny
    Young/Onouha Ferdinand Bassong Traore
    SWP Barton Faurlin Mackie/Smith
    Bothroyd/Heidur DJ/Defoe/Pav

Would beat a lot of sides in this league and gives us a very solid base to build off of for next season.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Agree Matty, Bassong and Onouha would be class signings for us.

For me a player we are in desperate need of is a winger which will balance the team out and allow Barton to play in the middle all the time- haven't really heard much mentioned about one so far?

Also if Defoe is actually available, we have to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
        Agree Matty, Bassong and Onouha would be class signings for us.

For me a player we are in desperate need of is a winger which will balance the team out and allow Barton to play in the middle all the time- haven't really heard much mentioned about one so far?

Also if Defoe is actually available, we have to get him.
        Yes mate, I o thinka quality left winger would add alot to our side, but I cant really think of any off the top of my head we might be able to get? Unless I go way too optimistic and suggest Adam Johnson?
        But, for me, Onouha should be main target, along with Defoe/Pav. Onouha can play anywhere across the back which would be so useful, especially seeing as Traore will be away for a while at the African flippin Nations!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Yes mate, I o thinka quality left winger would add alot to our side, but I cant really think of any off the top of my head we might be able to get? Unless I go way too optimistic and suggest Adam Johnson?
          But, for me, Onouha should be main target, along with Defoe/Pav. Onouha can play anywhere across the back which would be so useful, especially seeing as Traore will be away for a while at the African flippin Nations!
          Read yesterday that Adam Johnson was about to sign a new 4 year deal at City, so that rules that one out. Odd one though, as he's not getting much game time, and Mancini doesn't seem to rate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jase View Post
            Read yesterday that Adam Johnson was about to sign a new 4 year deal at City, so that rules that one out. Odd one though, as he's not getting much game time, and Mancini doesn't seem to rate him.
            Yea hes abit above us quality wiseI think, hes a cracking player!

Other than money, cant see why he wouldnt want to stay at a side, no matter hwo sucessful, when hes only getting dribs and drabs of games. He would get into most sides and play week in week out.

Comment

Hard to tell from that interview whether Warnock means he'd like the striker to be another target man or if he's just taking the time to praise Heidar. So far most if not all the strikers we've been linked with are nippy poacher types.

Would have a ring of truth to it in the sense that Campbell is still to come back and the likes of Defoe and Johnson would take his place somewhat. Whereas we've only one Heidar. (Bothroyd turning out to be a sort of unusually large playmaker second striker IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                Hard to tell from that interview whether Warnock means he'd like the striker to be another target man or if he's just taking the time to praise Heidar. So far most if not all the strikers we've been linked with are nippy poacher types.

Would have a ring of truth to it in the sense that Campbell is still to come back and the likes of Defoe and Johnson would take his place somewhat. Whereas we've only one Heidar. (Bothroyd turning out to be a sort of unusually large playmaker second striker IMO).
                I think alot of us, me included, seem to be forgetting about DJ. He is, IMO, a quality striker and will guarentee us goals if he plays. 13 PL goals last year isnt too shabby at all and I think, if he gets given a run of starts when he returns from injury, he will get us at least 6 or 7 more goals.

ALso, think youre bang on with regards the interview. Seems to be playing hsi cards close to his chest and I think that interveiw was mainly praising Heidur... and deservedly so!

Comment

If (as rumours have suggested) Onuoha doesn't want to come to London I reckon Nathaniel Clyne at Palace should be our second choice. Perhaps even our first choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
                    If (as rumours have suggested) Onuoha doesn't want to come to London I reckon Nathaniel Clyne at Palace should be our second choice. Perhaps even our first choice!
                    Although PL is a big step up (as Adel has found out first hand!), Clyne could well be worth a punt. Only 20, has already made over 100 league appearances for Palace and has won their Young Player of Year or Player of Year for the past 3 years.... Will always welcome young english players. Well, good ones anyway .
                    Last edited by MattyRangers; 18-11-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      I think alot of us, me included, seem to be forgetting about DJ. He is, IMO, a quality striker and will guarentee us goals if he plays. 13 PL goals last year isnt too shabby at all and I think, if he gets given a run of starts when he returns from injury, he will get us at least 6 or 7 more goals.

ALso, think youre bang on with regards the interview. Seems to be playing hsi cards close to his chest and I think that interveiw was mainly praising Heidur... and deservedly so!
                      Agree about Campbell, especially so with Heidar making chances for him. Such a shame he got himself injured when he did, it was obvious during the Spurs and City games he could have done some damage coming on.

Comment

Regarding the left wing, another option I was thinking about is playing Traore there if we end up getting someone who can cover left back. Certainly got all the attributes.

To be fair though Mackie's steadily improving and is doing a good job there. If he carries on I wouldn't rule out him becoming one of the first names on the teamsheet by the time the transfer window opens again.

Comment

I don't do twitter and the like but apparently Tony Fernandes has tweeted this morning - "so come on Rangers fans, give me some ideas on the players you would like us to buy".
                          Sounds like an open invitation to you social media types - you never know what might happen from this tweet
                          #standuptocancer
                          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            I don't do twitter and the like but apparently Tony Fernandes has tweeted this morning - "so come on Rangers fans, give me some ideas on the players you would like us to buy".
                            Sounds like an open invitation to you social media types - you never know what might happen from this tweet
                            He did, top man! Been flooded with responses aswell!

Interestingly he has "retweeted" (sort of the equivalant of forwarding on a text message somebody has sent you) one saying "Jermiane Defoe! Pls no to Zamora or A Johnson"

Comment

Why people would turn their noses up at Zamora is beyond me. His game has improved ten-fold over the last two seasons. Quality player. Reminds me of a better version of Kevin Davies, who's also a decent player.
                              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Working...
                              X