POPPIES on Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POPPIES on Saturday

Probably just as well fifa refuse to allow England to wear them cos the posturing effortless steamers that call themselves England internationals would probably disgrace the the Poppy with their usual lack of any sort of spirit or pride in the shirt anyway
    Its Wales and Scotland you have to feel for ,ok they arnt much good but at least their players have a bit of pride in playing for their country

How dare FIFA ban players not wearing the poppies. If it ain't been for all those young lads in the graves FIFA would not even have a team in the world. They need to put things into perspective and show respect.

Comment

I thinks its an absolute discrace by FIFA and I suspect its more to do with shafting England at every opportunity rather then the actual Poppy issue

As someone who sells Poppies every year and seen how much more popular the wearing of them has become I for one have taken their decision extremely personally

Luckily 80,000 plus England fans will be sticking two fingers up to FIFA on Saturday at the game including myself

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        I thinks its an absolute discrace by FIFA and I suspect its more to do with shafting England at every opportunity rather then the actual Poppy issue

As someone who sells Poppies every year and seen how much more popular the wearing of them has become I for one have taken their decision extremely personally

Luckily 80,000 plus England fans will be sticking two fingers up to FIFA on Saturday at the game including myself

I would love to see the FA and players grow a back bone and tell FIFA where to shove it and walk out the tunnel vs Spain wearing shirts with poppies proudly on display.... Although I probably have more chance of Natalie Portman squating over me and laying a "love log" on my chest this coming weekend.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

I would love to see the FA and players grow a back bone and tell FIFA where to shove it and walk out the tunnel vs Spain wearing shirts with poppies proudly on display.... Although I probably have more chance of Natalie Portman squating over me and laying a "love log" on my chest this coming weekend.
          FIFA have told the ref to abandon the game if the players wear Poppies and although I have bought a ticket for the match I would be happy for the ref to do this so we could show the world how we feel

Comment

I have only the upmost respect for all those who fought for us but dont like the idea of war being promoted at sporting events

Outside of the stadium its up to the players and staff if they choose to wear the poppy but its not right that we bring it into the stadium on the field.

We are proud of our heroes but dont want to see it when I go to watch football. I like to spend my own time saying a prayer and showing respect and a football ground is not the place to do it.

I'm sure other countrys are proud of there war heroes and will want to start promoting it at there stadiums around the world, how do you feel about that?
            Last edited by Dale; 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
              FIFA have told the ref to abandon the game if the players wear Poppies and although I have bought a ticket for the match I would be happy for the ref to do this so we could show the world how we feel
              There would be an absolute riot if that happened.... would be intersting to watch thats for sure!
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
                Probably just as well fifa refuse to allow England to wear them cos the posturing effortless steamers that call themselves England internationals would probably disgrace the the Poppy with their usual lack of any sort of spirit or pride in the shirt anyway
                Its Wales and Scotland you have to feel for ,ok they arnt much good but at least their players have a bit of pride in playing for their country
                Whooo look at me, I'm on the national team hating bandwagon and will take any given excuse for a dig.

Comment

Originally posted by danQPR View Post
                  Whooo look at me, I'm on the national team hating bandwagon and will take any given excuse for a dig.
                  I take you think the players really put 100% into every game they play and that your'e totally happy with the natioal team ,even tho most thnik this so called golden generation have shown no fight no spirit no pride are nothing but a let down ,but if youre happy with their display's I'm happy for you

Comment

Cant wait for Rieger to post his view on this

Comment

This might change it all...
                      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15666769.stm

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post

FIFA are spineless.

Victory for the bullies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                          Cant wait for Rieger to post his view on this
                          Don't care much for the national team in a friendly, think its out of order that FIFA have banned it. Don't know why it is the poppy banned? If its something beuracratic then thats silly. But anyway nice to see you hang around online all your life in your underpants to await my gospel. Ciao belladave x

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
                            I take you think the players really put 100% into every game they play and that your'e totally happy with the natioal team ,even tho most thnik this so called golden generation have shown no fight no spirit no pride are nothing but a let down ,but if youre happy with their display's I'm happy for you
                            dont get this argument,

you seriously cant be telling me that QPR's players have always put in 100 % ??? some of those horrible journeys up north in the lower leagues, or cold depressing losses at home to nothing sides.....

doesnt stop you loving and supporting the team so why should it be any different for the national side??

Comment

Originally posted by casuallyqpr View Post
                              dont get this argument,

you seriously cant be telling me that QPR's players have always put in 100 % ??? some of those horrible journeys up north in the lower leagues, or cold depressing losses at home to nothing sides.....

doesnt stop you loving and supporting the team so why should it be any different for the national side??
                              Well said

Comment

Working...
                              X