Booing/jeering/whistling opponents when they're in possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booing/jeering/whistling opponents when they're in possession

This seemed to start in the second half against chelsea with the crowd booing every touch and jeering/whistling while they're in possession. Continued yesterday, and whilst you can never be 100% sure, i genuiney think it unsettled both chelsea and city players

You see it a lot when english teams go abroad in europe. I think it creates a really difficult atmosphere for the away side to play in would like to see it continue, even against lesser teams. the atmosohere at loftus road in the last 2 games has DEFINITELY spurred on the team and really hope it continues.

Agree - no coincidence that City players hit a lot of wild, rubbish passes when we were whistling them.

Comment

Important to keep this trend up. I think it definitely helps.

Comment

Even their fans were saying in another forum that they could not understand why we booed and whistled every time they touched the ball. They are hoping it dont catch on the rest of England ! Keep it up lads

Comment

yeah the atmos in LR yesterday was great and anything we can do to unsettle the opposition should be done.

Comment

THIS MUST CONTINUE, SOON WE WILL ALL BE DOING IT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING, definately rattled City yesterday.

Comment

It did un settle the City players and it did unsettle the Chelsea players.Every time Milner got ball in first half....R S.P.Q blocks were on his case.

It did seem to unsettle them.I think given the logistics of the QPR stadium it is important that at the moment, we try and use every advantage to unsettle teams and get an edge,

We were un done yesterday by class strikers and class finishing.We deserved a minimum of a point.One of the best defeats i have seen at LR.Not sure what has happened...but the atmosphere has returned.

It is very important we do same at next home game...although...my mouth was sore with all the whistling yesterday...

And Faurlin....WTF ? getting better and better

Comment

Important to do this to EVERY team that visits, even the likes of Wigan, Stoke, Foolham etc. I wouldn't have said it 10 years ago but players are on high enough wages now to be able to cope with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                  Important to do this to EVERY team that visits, even the likes of Wigan, Stoke, Foolham etc. I wouldn't have said it 10 years ago but players are on high enough wages now to be able to cope with it.
                  and we pay enough for our ticket to do what we want to unsettle the opposition!

UUUU RRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :yush::yush::yush:

Comment

One thing I don't wonna see catch on is fans chucking the ball away on the touch line.
                    One fan done it when we were 3-2 down !! Talk about giving them more time when we need the ball in play to look for an equaliser !

Comment

If we can disturb City and Chelsea players - imagine what we can do to pony players like Grant Holt, Steve Morisson!

Comment

It's so important we keep doing this and that will make loftus road known as a troubled game for away teams - like stoke is.

Smallest ground in the premier league is electric!
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

The fans are more influential than we would probably think. It could be the difference between losing and winning in a few games this season.

The place last two games as been electric. I hope its not the calibre of teams we are playing against, as it was poor against Blackburn. In fact the booing and jeering will work even better against the lower teams.

Would love it against WBA for example, but doubt it will happen.
                          ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by double-you-five View Post
                            This seemed to start in the second half against chelsea with the crowd booing every touch and jeering/whistling while they're in possession. Continued yesterday, and whilst you can never be 100% sure, i genuiney think it unsettled both chelsea and city players

You see it a lot when english teams go abroad in europe. I think it creates a really difficult atmosphere for the away side to play in would like to see it continue, even against lesser teams. the atmosohere at loftus road in the last 2 games has DEFINITELY spurred on the team and really hope it continues.
                            Agree

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                              The fans are more influential than we would probably think. It could be the difference between losing and winning in a few games this season.
                              AND, it can be the difference between QPR signing the likes of Defoe, Anelka etc because one of the factors players will bear in mind is Loftus Road and if we can make it rocking every game then that's very appealing
                              Under Les Ferdinand:
                              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Working...
                              X