we need to play more like stoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need to play more like stoke

Bizarre thing to say I know but we have the right players for it. Obviously I'm not expecting us to achieve the same things. If we play 442 we can use a similar style. Swp has the flair that etherington and pennat have. And with boothroyd and heider up front up front we can play with stokes style. Barton and derry in the middle would also add the grit we need for this level.

There were elements of stokes game in our second half performance yesterday.
    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
    Bizarre thing to say I know but we have the right players for it. Obviously I'm not expecting us to achieve the same things. If we play 442 we can use a similar style. Swp has the flair that etherington and pennat have. And with boothroyd and heider up front up front we can play with stokes style. Barton and derry in the middle would also add the grit we need for this level.

There were elements of stokes game in our second half performance yesterday.
    no we don't need to play like stokes,

we should start playing with two upfront like we did last night in the second half but none of that long ball....

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
      no we don't need to play like stokes,

we should start playing with two upfront like we did last night in the second half but none of that long ball....
      Just stating that our squads have similar templates
      i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

There is hardly much difference in league positions - and how much more money have Stoke spent than us? Crouch cost more than most of our squad. Its not always greener...

Comment

Our best performances this season are when we have played exactly the opposite of the way Stoke play. We murdered Wolves/Newcastle and Villa using pace and quick short passing.

We start playing like Stoke and pumping it long, we will gift posession to other teams who will punish us in this division. The first half yesterday is a big example. Second half we got the ball down and played off Bothroyd and looked much better and even cerated a few chances.

Comment

We do,they are 2-0 down at half time as well....!!!

Comment

I think Derry was found wanting last night kept getting sucked out

Comment

Play like Stoke and lose to the toons

Comment

Originally posted by pblockranger View Post
                  I think Derry was found wanting last night kept getting sucked out
                  To be fair, that would distract anyone during a game.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    Play like Stoke and lose to the toons
                    exactly!

We were all over them at LR! should have had all 3 pts!

Comment

Who will be our Delap?
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                      X