No announcement yet.

end of the road for Adel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tarbs was shocking, he has to offer more but their midfield is the best in the league i reckon

Comment

Adel is still for me the most technically gifted player we have and he was the best player in the championship last season and without him, I don't think we would have gone up. I don't agree that he can't cut it in the premiership, he can, no doubt in my mind about that. His performance against newcastle showed that.

However, he has to be dropped from the team. Barton must play in the middle alongside Faurlin. Adel has got nearly 2 years left on his contract, so he can either sulk or he can start to work hard to get his place back. He's still very young and if he knuckles down he can do well in the premiership. But for now its best for us as a team to not play him.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Adel is still for me the most technically gifted player we have and he was the best player in the championship last season and without him, I don't think we would have gone up. I don't agree that he can't cut it in the premiership, he can, no doubt in my mind about that. His performance against newcastle showed that.

However, he has to be dropped from the team. Barton must play in the middle alongside Faurlin. Adel has got nearly 2 years left on his contract, so he can either sulk or he can start to work hard to get his place back. He's still very young and if he knuckles down he can do well in the premiership. But for now its best for us as a team to not play him.
        Even Fitz Hall has completed more passes than Adel this season. Talented players do not give away possession quite so often do they?
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Taarabt has been good in 2 games this season and only produced the odd flash of class in a couple of other game, most of the time he's been useless to be perfectly honest.

HOWEVER, he will be with us until at least January and maybe the summer, so we might as well get behind him and try and help him regain his confidence, which is clearly shot to pieces. A confident AT can cut it in the Prem, he might not be as devastating as he was in the Championship, but can still be an important player for us.

I fear that NW and a number of our fans will take the easy option and hang him out to dry though. Don't get me wrong, I can't stand the bloke 99% of the time and I have to say yesterday he was woeful, but we might as well make the most of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Even Fitz Hall has completed more passes than Adel this season. Talented players do not give away possession quite so often do they?
            He should be dropped but there's no doubt he has talent. I imagine/hope you're in the minority who think he's not talented. Rooney couldn't control the thing at the world cup, doesn't make him a bad player.

Comment

Well said James - at last someone with a memory.

Comment

feet of a superstar with the brains of a toddler

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks that he's actually trying harder than last season?

Comment

Working...
                  X