Alessandro Pellicori definate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alessandro Pellicori definate

Alessandro Pellicori has revealed that he couldn`t resist a move to Queens Park Rangers despite agreeing a deal to join Italian outfit Cosenza.

A five-year contract had been agreed with the Italian Lega Pro Seconda Divisione side for a fee of 200,000 euros.

However Pellicori revealed that money was not the issue in his choice of club and indicated that a move to West London was one that he couldn`t refuse.

'It is the success that has made an offer QPR to which I could not say no," he said.

"I want to emphasise there has been a range of opportunities and prospects. For a player it is important to enter into a football around.

"I believe that anyone had done the same. '

The last minute u-turn will have undoubtedly disappointed Cosenza followers and Pellicori had these words for the supporters: 'I wish them the best fortune. After two championships won, the dream is to climb from the start in Serie B would be fantastic.

"One day who knows that we do not create again the conditions for my return. Do not ever say goodbye to my team of my heart."

The striker has yet to be officially announced as a QPR player but an announcement on the situation is reportedly imminent.

VIA VITAL QPR
    Last edited by ScottJones; 18-07-2009, 11:17 AM.
    Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
    Alessandro Pellicori has revealed that he couldn`t resist a move to Queens Park Rangers despite agreeing a deal to join Italian outfit Cosenza.

A five-year contract had been agreed with the Italian Lega Pro Seconda Divisione side for a fee of 200,000 euros.

However Pellicori revealed that money was not the issue in his choice of club and indicated that a move to West London was one that he couldn`t refuse.

'It is the success that has made an offer QPR to which I could not say no," he said.

"I want to emphasise there has been a range of opportunities and prospects. For a player it is important to enter into a football around.

"I believe that anyone had done the same. '

The last minute u-turn will have undoubtedly disappointed Cosenza followers and Pellicori had these words for the supporters: 'I wish them the best fortune. After two championships won, the dream is to climb from the start in Serie B would be fantastic.

"One day who knows that we do not create again the conditions for my return. Do not ever say goodbye to my team of my heart."

The striker has yet to be officially announced as a QPR player but an announcement on the situation is reportedly imminent.
    I hope our esteemed Sporting Director didnt offer him a 5 year deal here?
    QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

Ok we are making signings but id much prefer a proven CCC player(s)

Comment

Has anyone seen this guy play?

Im just wondering what this guy can add to the squad we have. It just seems to me to be more of the same.

Quantity over quality is no way to get promoted.

Comment

Let's wait and see what Jim & John have offered this guy, they may not have signed him.

Comment

He's been in the lower depths of the italians leagues B and C so can not be much :shocked::shocked::shocked:
            Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Originally posted by qpruleok View Post
              He's been in the lower depths of the italians leagues B and C so can not be much :shocked::shocked::shocked:
              I'm sure if QPR were playing in Italy thats the level we would be at as well.
              @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
                Has anyone seen this guy play?

Im just wondering what this guy can add to the squad we have. It just seems to me to be more of the same.

Quantity over quality is no way to get promoted.
                I can't see him adding much at all.As I mentioned in an earlier thread although he got 18 goals in 38 games TWO SEASONS AGO,he only scored 6 in 36 for two different clubs LAST season.Looking at SSN earlier there seems loads of deals are being done between Championship clubs,why can't we get proven CCC players in rather than relying on unproven foreign imports like we did last season ?

Comment

Certain players styles suit other countries, SDC and Ladesma were rated in Italy, Perajo in Spain but did not 'cut the mustard' in the CCC. It could be that Pellicori has a style that is not suited to Serie A but could work well here. He may not fall over enough to be a hit in Italian football. Lets just wait until we have seen him before we write him off.
                  RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                    Certain players styles suit other countries, SDC and Ladesma were rated in Italy, Perajo in Spain but did not 'cut the mustard' in the CCC. It could be that Pellicori has a style that is not suited to Serie A but could work well here. He may not fall over enough to be a hit in Italian football. Lets just wait until we have seen him before we write him off.
                    Fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
                      Fair point.
                      yes,he could be ok as a squad player,but definitly not the 20 goal a year striker we so badly need,no matter how positive you want to be about him

Comment

Can't argue with that. Crucial now we keep Blackstock or we'll be looking over our shoulder rather than worrying about the playing offs.

Comment

Definitely? Are you sure? Have you seen him play? Are you an expert in low level Italian football?

He may ACTUALLY be good, no matter how negative you want to be about him.
                          We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are...

Comment

To be completely fair to the lad, maybe he wasn't getting the service, and it could also be the case that when he does, he always puts it away (if you get me).

He may have only had 6 decent chances and scored them all. (?)
                            Be nice to Minty

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
                              Why do people insist on wanting to see footballers play football ,When we know that by looking in our Magic Looking Glass that the ones we (QPR) want to sign are Krap unless they have World Cup Experience.
                              I might not agree with what you say,
                              but i will defend your right to say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X