A few thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts

The atmosphere generated by our supporters played a significant role in this one. The Chelsea players clearly did not like it - not one bit. They lost control, which was why their discipline was so abysmal. Overall, I thought that the behaviour of their players was disgraceful, particularly David Luiz and John Terry. What annoys me is that we should be creating this sort of atmosphere every week - it intimidates opposing teams and can cause them to lose concentration.

In my view, Chris Foy got the key decisions correct. Helguson was indeed pushed and it was a penalty. Equally, Bosingwa was the last man and I can't see how Terry would have managed to get back to prevent SWP from having a goalscoring opportunity. It was a professional foul. As for Drogba, his tackle was disgusting and could well have snapped Taarabt's leg. Lampard perhaps could have had a penalty in the second half, but let's face it, the contact was minimal and he went down very easily.

I keep hearing from bitter Chelsea fans 'haha we dominated you with nine men' and 'the referee won it for you'. Erm...hang on a second...don't you think that a squad worth hundreds of millions of pounds should be dominating possession against a side like QPR, even with nine men? I don't think anyone thought the game was won at half-time - I for one still knew that Chelsea were still capable of winning the game. The funny thing is...I'm sure when we scored there were eleven men on both teams? And did Chelsea even create an opportunity in the first twenty-five minutes? Hmm......

I did think that we looked exhausted during the second half, but credit to the lads for grinding out the result. I thought Anton Ferdinand was absolutely superb in the heart of defence, as was Clint Hill, who always gives the side sheer passion and determination. Helguson did really well to win the penalty in the first half and generally led the line very well (although he did tire as the game went on). Derry, Faurlin and Barton - all excellent against top-class midfielders.

Overall - three valuable points against our hated rivals. Excellent atmosphere and a great first-half performance. Yes, we rode our luck on occasions (Cech almost saved the penalty - Lampard deflected Luiz's overhead kick over), but in games like these you do need certain things to go your way. One thing's for sure - the 'real' West London Derby is back (forget Fulham V Chelsea - a game that is totally devoid of passion).

Agree with everything you say -- especially with creating an atmosphere. We could well have got all three points against Villa and Blackburn if we'd done the same then.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
    X