We were lucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were lucky

Our second half tactics could have been better. I don't know why NW thought it was OK to be sitting in the dugout. We should have been marking all their players throughout, and we would have had two spare as well.

Time and time again, Czech was allowed to roll the ball out from the back which in turn allowed them to get crosses into the box which could have cost us dearly.

There was one instance at one of their corners where only AT was on the halway line, being marked up by two. We should have had three players there, forcing them to hold more players back, meaning less in the box.

I also thought that our attacking play was laughable at times, chucking in crosses to SWP. Possession should have been the name of the game up until points where good shots were on. You have to agree that there were an awful lot of pointless short hoofballs that we lost control of.

On both wings their players were allowed free access to gather and cross, they should have been man-marked a whole lot closer. Yes I know we won, but there would have been murders if we had of conceded.

If it had of been the other way round, we would have been lucky to get 10% possession. I know it's not a situation that occurs very often, but it's one we need to learn from. I'm not moaning, just constructive criticism.

Fair post mate.

But the be all and end all; we beat Chelsea 1-0 and got 3 points and huge braggnig rights in the process.

HUGE thanks to all the fans that were there, the players involved and Sir Neil. Not forgetting the owners of course for making it all possible.

Superb.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I agree. I find it strange that when another poster makes a similar comment he gets roundly attacked though.

I love the result which is all that mattered yesterday, but I find it strange that some are saying all our players were immense - we were not immense 2nd half.

Yes, I don't care either, but I am not going to see it differently just because it was Chelsea.
      twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
        I agree. I find it strange that when another poster makes a similar comment he gets roundly attacked though.
        I love the result which is all that mattered yesterday, but I find it strange that some are saying all our players were immense - we were not immense 2nd half.

Yes, I don't care either, but I am not going to see it differently just because it was Chelsea.
        Some posters word it purely negatively, just looking for a moan. GreenGrass posts sensibley and elaborates on his points which makes for a much more understandable post.

Comment

Matty - I know the diet pills make you a bit woosy, but I understood the other poster, so I am sure everyone else could.

Yes, Greengrass was may have positioned it better, but the messgae was the same.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I think you can tell by the substitutions Warnock was scared of losing. IMO Taarabt needed to come off as he was giving the ball to the sc*m everytime and SWP should of came off, his touch let's him down so much I wanted Buz to come on as the only players in midfield that wouldnt just give the ball away were Faurlin and Barton.
            Estamos QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
              Our second half tactics could have been better. I don't know why NW thought it was OK to be sitting in the dugout. We should have been marking all their players throughout, and we would have had two spare as well.

Time and time again, Czech was allowed to roll the ball out from the back which in turn allowed them to get crosses into the box which could have cost us dearly.

There was one instance at one of their corners where only AT was on the halway line, being marked up by two. We should have had three players there, forcing them to hold more players back, meaning less in the box.

I also thought that our attacking play was laughable at times, chucking in crosses to SWP. Possession should have been the name of the game up until points where good shots were on. You have to agree that there were an awful lot of pointless short hoofballs that we lost control of.

On both wings their players were allowed free access to gather and cross, they should have been man-marked a whole lot closer. Yes I know we won, but there would have been murders if we had of conceded.

If it had of been the other way round, we would have been lucky to get 10% possession. I know it's not a situation that occurs very often, but it's one we need to learn from. I'm not moaning, just constructive criticism.

good post mate...they nearly got something out of the game a couple of times WITH 9 MEN due to poor second half tactics....

Comment

you're right BigDan. I thought Buz should have been on. NW must really not rate him at all.

Faurlin has adapted well to this intensity - he has the cool head to slow things down when appropriate. I think he is going to be our key player this season.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Matty - I know the diet pills make you a bit woosy, but I understood the other poster, so I am sure everyone else could.

Yes, Greengrass was may have positioned it better, but the messgae was the same.
                  Was only answering your question mate. Other post on the subject was hardly a great post was it, seem to be simply having a moan which is the last thing fans want to hear when theyre celebrating a HUGE derby win. Some fans just dont seem to ever be fully happy, surely no other club would be anything other than over the moon after such a win?

And for the record I dont do the pills anymore, they give me the sticky buns.

Comment

We were cut through too easily second half but we have to remember Chelsea have brilliant individuals capable of changing a match with one, let alone nine.

Warnock's one mistake for me - repeated from Blackburn - was to keep Heider on for 90 minutes. He was fantastic first half but he is 34 and can no longer do it. The last twenty minutes he was lumbering around like a cruise liner, which is why we weren't closing anyone down at the back. Mackie also showed his limitations when he came on, great honest battler though he is. I would like to have seen Buz on who would have had the confidence to retain possession and pass it around. Instead we did revert to hoof ball at times - though massive credit to Anton Ferdinand - any ball that came into the box, he didn't just knock it into touch, he booted it to the other end of the pitch. At least it was quality hoofball! Overall I think you have to recognise we are two clubs with very different resource levels and we were desperate at times - but we clung on, and that's what counts.

Comment

probadly due to the timing of the post! yesterday we were all pumped up over our win against chelsea but today when we have all calmed down a bit we can say at times yesterday we were lucky !
                      LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        ......I would like to have seen Buz on who would have had the confidence to retain possession and pass it around.
                        I am starting to think Buz is not going to get a fair crack under NW - which is a real shame.

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        . .......At least it was quality hoofball!
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

How often do we look like scoring from open play? It is a worry that in the last third we're not creating good chances, and our shooting is poor.

Work on it Warnock !!

Comment

Nothing matters apart from getting 3pts off those smug twits from up the road. I actually think that the general "feelgood" boost we will derive from yesterday is by far the most important issue.... reminded us all of how good it can be if everyone's united and at it. Like it or not there's a very basic and simple objective this season: accumulate enough points to stay up. It's easy to identify many shortcomings but, irrespective of those, we are chugging along nicely with 12pts in the bag so happy days as far as I'm concerned!

Comment

I am starting to think Buz is not going to get a fair crack under NW - which is a real shame.

Having watched the game again this morning on Sky +, Buzz was stripped and ready to come on just as Derry got done. Warnock changed the sub to Mackie as he has greater intensity and work rate and Warnock clearly decided he was a more suitable replacement for Derry than Buzz. Not sure who he was taking off before Derry got knocked but Buzz was deffo coming on.
                              #standuptocancer
                              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                              X