No announcement yet.

Is Warnock killing Adel's confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a bandage on his left leg when he came onto the pitch at the end.

Comment

He gave the ball away too much, but also played a couple of great passes, one that got bosingwa sent off.

Comment

I think Barton and NW put too many restrictions on his play. Just give him more freedom!

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
          Think you watched a different game tbh. He was taken off becasue he kept on gifting Chelsea possession and they were looking more and more threatening with it, hence he was a liability today.

As for the Pen, when HH plays, he's always taken the pens and always scored from what i remember. I think he is the designated pen taker in the club, but when he's not playing Taraabt has taken them. For that reason, and for the chance to grab headlines he wanted to take it, but would know the score and shouldn't have done it as he could've unsettled HH before a crucial moment in the match. It's just another toys out the pram moment from AT.

He was a liability. You cant give teams liek Chelski the ball so easily, you will get punished. Theres a time and a place for silly piruoets and being 1 up at home to chelski ISNT 1 of those times. You could see the frustration in the other players (especially Joey who shouted over to NW about it at one point).

Some people need to realsie we arw a club and not Adel Taraabt FC and we dont need to abse every single decision around whether or not we might knock his confidence. Hes a grown man for gods sake if hes guna get all upset and throw a paddy when taken on for playing sh1te or not getting to take a pen (which Heidur won AND scored anyway) then, IMO, he is going to be more of a negative than a positive in the dressing room.

No doubt about his qualit and potential value to our side, but he needs to stop the strops if he wants to progress with his career.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimimar0 View Post
            He gave the ball away too much, but also played a couple of great passes, one that got bosingwa sent off.
            Did he not also play the ball into HH which led to the penalty? And he also drew the tackle from Drogba leading to his sending off. So he had a hand in our goal plus both of their red cards.

Comment

Had Tarbs taken the penalty and missed, he would have sulked and been a liablity. At least if HH had missed he would have still ran his ass off all game.

I agree he gave the ball away many times, but as someone stated his is still by far our most creative player. He slipped the ball through for SWP to get Bosingwa sent off, and also played a great through ball for Luke Young who shot wide in the second half. That ball was pure quality.

When he went off, SWP, Barton and Young etc all had the ball in great attacking positions but had too much time and no idea what to do with it and it broke down or just got given away. So we did miss him in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Did he not also play the ball into HH which led to the penalty? And he also drew the tackle from Drogba leading to his sending off. So he had a hand in our goal plus both of their red cards.
                the penalty came direct from paddys gk
                all the rest correct

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
                  Had Tarbs taken the penalty and missed, he would have sulked and been a liablity. At least if HH had missed he would have still ran his ass off all game.

I agree he gave the ball away many times, but as someone stated his is still by far our most creative player. He slipped the ball through for SWP to get Bosingwa sent off, and also played a great through ball for Luke Young who shot wide in the second half. That ball was pure quality.

When he went off, SWP, Barton and Young etc all had the ball in great attacking positions but had too much time and no idea what to do with it and it broke down or just got given away. So we did miss him in that respect.
                  I have just posted on the other thread about Adel, so won't repeat it on here, but you are spot on -- having just watched the entire game again, with a particular eye on AT, he is his own worst enemy with the stroppy bits, which have resurfaced this season, and it means that some people are only seeing the negatives -- but there were a lot of positives about his game yesterday, despite the constant chopping from Chelsea, and most of his passing was accurate, and some passes were sublime.
                  I worry that he is being frozen out and isolated, and I don't think we can afford to do that -- we still need his creativity and ability to turn a game in a flash.
                  Think he needs a bit of careful man management (not the same as pandering) to get him over losing the captaincy, having other talented players around him etc. I'd rather Warnock did that than froze him out. I was glad to see Joey being a better captain and a bit more "arm round shoulder" in his handling of Adel yesterday.
                  Even if he does go in January, there are a lot of games between now and then and we need to try and get the best out of him while we can.
                  Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                    I have just posted on the other thread about Adel, so won't repeat it on here, but you are spot on -- having just watched the entire game again, with a particular eye on AT, he is his own worst enemy with the stroppy bits, which have resurfaced this season, and it means that some people are only seeing the negatives -- but there were a lot of positives about his game yesterday, despite the constant chopping from Chelsea, and most of his passing was accurate, and some passes were sublime.
                    I worry that he is being frozen out and isolated, and I don't think we can afford to do that -- we still need his creativity and ability to turn a game in a flash.
                    Think he needs a bit of careful man management (not the same as pandering) to get him over losing the captaincy, having other talented players around him etc. I'd rather Warnock did that than froze him out. I was glad to see Joey being a better captain and a bit more "arm round shoulder" in his handling of Adel yesterday.
                    Even if he does go in January, there are a lot of games between now and then and we need to try and get the best out of him while we can.
                    Great post Swanley, makes alot of sense and I have to say I agree. But, I would say that yes, we cant afford to "isolate him", BUT he needs to change. He cant keep throwing these paddys and expect us fans to just let him off and love him purely because he could potentially change a game. Hes a grown up now, not a kid, and he needs to show some maturity.

If he did, theres no doubt in my mind he would be every fans favourite player again and he would beenfit himself because his game would improve 10 fold!

I hope NW and the coaching staff have a quiet word with him and that, more importantly, he listens!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Great post Swanley, makes alot of sense and I have to say I agree. But, I would say that yes, we cant afford to "isolate him", BUT he needs to change. He cant keep throwing these paddys and expect us fans to just let him off and love him purely because he could potentially change a game. Hes a grown up now, not a kid, and he needs to show some maturity.

If he did, theres no doubt in my mind he would be every fans favourite player again and he would beenfit himself because his game would improve 10 fold!

I hope NW and the coaching staff have a quiet word with him and that, more importantly, he listens!
                      Matty, I think we're all saying much the same thing, just in a different way -- it is time for him to listen to the bods who've been around the block a few times, eg: Barton, Derry, Warnock, even HH.
                      Everything to gain if he does, for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by swanleyhoop View Post
                        Matty, I think we're all saying much the same thing, just in a different way -- it is time for him to listen to the bods who've been around the block a few times, eg: Barton, Derry, Warnock, even HH.
                        Everything to gain if he does, for all of us.
                        Agreed.

He really is such a frustrating player because, ability wise, he is such a good talent and there really is no limit to how good he could be if he put his mind to it.

Just needs top ebign so stubborn and listen to others and reap the benefits! Here's hoping eh.... Starting vs Spurs after he pops in a 35 yarder... well over due!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          Agreed.

He really is such a frustrating player because, ability wise, he is such a good talent and there really is no limit to how good he could be if he put his mind to it.

Just needs top ebign so stubborn and listen to others and reap the benefits! Here's hoping eh.... Starting vs Spurs after he pops in a 35 yarder... well over due!
                          Would love to see 'Arry's face if he does!!

Comment

Im always a big supporter of Taarabt but i do fear his infulence is getting less and less and his antics more and more a liability.

His giving the ball away yesterday was awful , needs to take a lot more care

Comment

Working...
                            X