Could Ramage play left back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Ramage play left back?

Many suggest we play Connolly at left back but could Ramage play there instead?

Yep, right under Q block first half.

Comment

in a word, no. Ramage is a steady, if unspectacular RB. To put him on his weaker side could seriously harm our defence and would probably offer us even less then he currently offers going forward. It would be a typically QPR thing to do (playing players out of position), but surely if we're so against buying a new left back we can pinch an up and coming LB from the prem/continent??
      Win or lose, on the booze

Comment

Don't rush him. Lets get him playing right back first!

Comment

I only ask because Borrowdale by all accounts isn't Championship level and Connolly would be a loss at left back. I think I would rather play Gorkss at left back then play the naturally right footed Connolly out there.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
            Many suggest we play Connolly at left back but could Ramage play there instead?
            Ramage cant handle right back let alone left back
            Now, Then, Forever
            [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

agree, once hes learnt how to play right back, centre back and how to pas in a straight line - we can try him out at left back lol

Comment

I think Borrowdale would be fine but yes we do need someone else, preferably a good youngster who has dropped down a division like Connolly did or else a top championship player wanting to come to London.

Comment

I think he is ok defensively at right back, but struggles with his attacking play. I don't think he is capable of performing to that standard on his weaker side at LB. So putting him there would, as pointed out by others, waeken the defence.

Connolly and Gorkss could possibly play there, but they are much more useful to the defence as centre halves.

Borrowdale, might be good enough at CCC level, but the signs don't look to promising.

I all honesty, I don't know why QPR don't just spend some money on buying a LB to replace Delaney.

Comment

im sure we will spend on a left back. JM said himself that a fullback and goalkeeper have left, and we are on the lookout for replacements. I wouldnt worry too much. However if Borrowdale does start, i WOULD worry lol

Comment

he can play up front for all i care, just so long as its in the reserves...

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                        he can play up front for all i care, just so long as its in the reserves...
                        :devil:
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Dando View Post
                          im sure we will spend on a left back. JM said himself that a fullback and goalkeeper have left, and we are on the lookout for replacements. I wouldnt worry too much. However if Borrowdale does start, i WOULD worry lol
                          The goalkeeper copuld be the Czech none on trial, but the LB is the n=main concern.

Fox is available, but too expensive for QPR. Spurr is another option, but again expensive and unlikely to want to leave his beloved Sheff Weds for QPR.

Gunter is another option, but doesn't look likely now.

I am guessing that QPR will possibly go for someone on loan.

Bertrand from Chelsea is one option and I think Arsenal have a LB behind Glichy and Gibbs in the pecking order (not Traore, he wont be dropping down to the CCC).

The simplest option for me is to buy Fox. The owners have put a fair bit of money into the club to have climbed off the bottom of the table into the top half, but if they want to go the extra mile, they will need to spend some more.

Comment

He struggles at righr back enough
                            Gerry Francis the greatest all round player to come from these shores:super_man:

Comment

Working...
                            X