Can We The Fans Not Enjoy Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can We The Fans Not Enjoy Football

A Freind of mine who goes to every home game and away games and reads this forum wanted to post the following, as he is struggling to understand why some people are moaning and why they cant simply enjoy the season.

Can I start by asking all the arses complaining about how badly Neil Warnock has to change things at Loftus Road to get their collective heads out of their arses and have a reality check. Step back, look at what is going on in front of you and enjoy!

Last Saturday I was sitting, watching the game against Blackburn, a notoriously **** team that get results by breaking up play rather than pursue the beautiful game. The first half was a surprisingly enjoyable one all draw but the second was true to Blackburn form and started off bittie and dull. 20mins to go and on comes Adel Taarabt who in my opinion, is quite simply the closest to a genius that has graced a hooped shirt since Stan Bowles. He has a way to go, but if ever the potential was there it in Adel! Anyway, I digress.

Adel comes on and the whole game livened up. Soon he collected the ball to the left around the halfway line and takes it forward to just outside the box. Colleague coming forward with him to his right and as he was surrounded he passed the ball across and it was squandered. At last we had a reason to raise from our seats even though nothing came of it. #### comment No1. Bloke (season ticket holder) sitting next to my brother starts shouting at Adel during the run, “Shoot! Shoot!” and when the ball goes off for the goal kick he rants about him not being able to make it at this level and he makes all the wrong decisions………..

5 minutes later Adel has another run from and to very similar positions and we’re off our seats again. Gets to just outside the box and Adel shoots and the ball goes wide. #### comment No2. Same bloke (season ticket holder) sitting next to my brother, quiet during the run this time, once the shot is missed starts shouting at Adel “Why didn’t you pass it! and ranted on about him not being able to make it at this level as he makes all the wrong decisions?????????????

And what makes matters worse is the fact that he is not alone and I hear similar things down the pub most nights! I was going to complain in this rant about the inconsistency of our season ticket holder friends comments but now looking again I see the consistency. It seems that no matter what a player does, if the move does not end up in a goal or at least hit the woodwork, they made the wrong decision and should be playing for Accrington Stanley!

Have people forgotten that this time last year we were facing Swansea, Bristol, Burnley & Reading. As little as 6 months ago we entertained the likes of Doncaster and Scunthorpe!

The next home game I am going to will be Chelsea, followed by Spurs away and then Manchester City. In little over a month we visit Liverpool at Anfield before hosting a game at Loftus Road with Manchester United!

Do yourselves a favour peoples, just read out loud those last two paragraphs again!

Are most football fans unable to actually enjoy a game. Do they have an inherent need to feel miserable and complain? If so, then can I suggest a change of allegiance and they should all start supporting Blackburn instead. At least then, regardless of their league standing it would guarantee you crap football every game.

This attitude seems to negate the need for entertaining football and reminds me of my Chelsea supporting classmates at school in the 70’s. I grew up watching the genial Rodney and Stan and they raved about some bloke who could chop yer legs off! Spot the difference?

QPR have always been different and I for one would like it to stay that way.

The reason we are where we are is down to Neil Warnock and his team of last year. I propose that the players of that team that are still with us deserve to enjoy themselves as much as we do here in the stands. Lets get behind Adel when he makes a run and clap and cheer him regardless of the final ball. If anyone deserves to enjoy it without anyone getting on his back, then surely it is Adel? Lets face it, without his selfish runs terrorising and destroying defences last year we would be visiting Peterbourgh and Hull now! If we get behind him then it won’t be long before his confidence will come back and the terrorizing can recommence.

Don’t get me wrong, if we were struggling at the bottom of the table having not shown any sign of beating a few teams then I would too be thinking survival but that is not the case.

At the time of writing we are 11th out of 20, not 16th and there have been 8 games out of 38 not 25! Start panicking when we need to and not pre-empt a situation that may never arise. Our mid table must be considered half full rather than half empty! We’ve lost a few, we’ve drawn a few and we’ve won a few.

I agree with those who say we need to resolve the striker situation but we, sorry, Neil, cannot do anything about it until January so lets just enjoy watching our lads matching themselves up to so many good quality teams. So far we’ve lost a few, we’ve drawn a few and we’ve won a few and we sit at the top of the bottom half of the table. In my mind we are definitely punching above our weight.

I was out of the country when we played Fulham but found a pub to watch the game and I have to say I was still proud of our boys and the travelling fans that you could hear chanting Warnock’s name at 6-0. There we had fans enjoying themselves. This should be every QPR fans aim.

The last time Chelsea were relegated was in the 80’s and eight years ago they fell into a big money pot yet their fans still moan, moan and bloody moan some more! They haven’t spent the last 15 years watching the sort of toilet we have had to put up with. Please, look at what you are missing by moaning. Can we not let the Chelsea fans have a **** game every week and let all at QPR be entertained………….

Like we deserve!
    One for all.... and all for one

Face reality mate.

Warnock is not a Prem quality manager and neither is our squad.

If we stay up it will be a miracle with our current set up.

Would break my heart to go down,but on performances against the likes of Wigan,Bolton and Fulham we are cert's to go down,barring a miracle/top striker signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
      A Freind of mine who goes to every home game and away games and reads this forum wanted to post the following, as he is struggling to understand why some people are moaning and why they cant simply enjoy the season.

Can I start by asking all the arses complaining about how badly Neil Warnock has to change things at Loftus Road to get their collective heads out of their arses and have a reality check. Step back, look at what is going on in front of you and enjoy!

Last Saturday I was sitting, watching the game against Blackburn, a notoriously **** team that get results by breaking up play rather than pursue the beautiful game. The first half was a surprisingly enjoyable one all draw but the second was true to Blackburn form and started off bittie and dull. 20mins to go and on comes Adel Taarabt who in my opinion, is quite simply the closest to a genius that has graced a hooped shirt since Stan Bowles. He has a way to go, but if ever the potential was there it in Adel! Anyway, I digress.

Adel comes on and the whole game livened up. Soon he collected the ball to the left around the halfway line and takes it forward to just outside the box. Colleague coming forward with him to his right and as he was surrounded he passed the ball across and it was squandered. At last we had a reason to raise from our seats even though nothing came of it. #### comment No1. Bloke (season ticket holder) sitting next to my brother starts shouting at Adel during the run, “Shoot! Shoot!” and when the ball goes off for the goal kick he rants about him not being able to make it at this level and he makes all the wrong decisions………..

5 minutes later Adel has another run from and to very similar positions and we’re off our seats again. Gets to just outside the box and Adel shoots and the ball goes wide. #### comment No2. Same bloke (season ticket holder) sitting next to my brother, quiet during the run this time, once the shot is missed starts shouting at Adel “Why didn’t you pass it! and ranted on about him not being able to make it at this level as he makes all the wrong decisions?????????????

And what makes matters worse is the fact that he is not alone and I hear similar things down the pub most nights! I was going to complain in this rant about the inconsistency of our season ticket holder friends comments but now looking again I see the consistency. It seems that no matter what a player does, if the move does not end up in a goal or at least hit the woodwork, they made the wrong decision and should be playing for Accrington Stanley!

Have people forgotten that this time last year we were facing Swansea, Bristol, Burnley & Reading. As little as 6 months ago we entertained the likes of Doncaster and Scunthorpe!

The next home game I am going to will be Chelsea, followed by Spurs away and then Manchester City. In little over a month we visit Liverpool at Anfield before hosting a game at Loftus Road with Manchester United!

Do yourselves a favour peoples, just read out loud those last two paragraphs again!

Are most football fans unable to actually enjoy a game. Do they have an inherent need to feel miserable and complain? If so, then can I suggest a change of allegiance and they should all start supporting Blackburn instead. At least then, regardless of their league standing it would guarantee you crap football every game.

This attitude seems to negate the need for entertaining football and reminds me of my Chelsea supporting classmates at school in the 70’s. I grew up watching the genial Rodney and Stan and they raved about some bloke who could chop yer legs off! Spot the difference?

QPR have always been different and I for one would like it to stay that way.

The reason we are where we are is down to Neil Warnock and his team of last year. I propose that the players of that team that are still with us deserve to enjoy themselves as much as we do here in the stands. Lets get behind Adel when he makes a run and clap and cheer him regardless of the final ball. If anyone deserves to enjoy it without anyone getting on his back, then surely it is Adel? Lets face it, without his selfish runs terrorising and destroying defences last year we would be visiting Peterbourgh and Hull now! If we get behind him then it won’t be long before his confidence will come back and the terrorizing can recommence.

Don’t get me wrong, if we were struggling at the bottom of the table having not shown any sign of beating a few teams then I would too be thinking survival but that is not the case.

At the time of writing we are 11th out of 20, not 16th and there have been 8 games out of 38 not 25! Start panicking when we need to and not pre-empt a situation that may never arise. Our mid table must be considered half full rather than half empty! We’ve lost a few, we’ve drawn a few and we’ve won a few.

I agree with those who say we need to resolve the striker situation but we, sorry, Neil, cannot do anything about it until January so lets just enjoy watching our lads matching themselves up to so many good quality teams. So far we’ve lost a few, we’ve drawn a few and we’ve won a few and we sit at the top of the bottom half of the table. In my mind we are definitely punching above our weight.

I was out of the country when we played Fulham but found a pub to watch the game and I have to say I was still proud of our boys and the travelling fans that you could hear chanting Warnock’s name at 6-0. There we had fans enjoying themselves. This should be every QPR fans aim.

The last time Chelsea were relegated was in the 80’s and eight years ago they fell into a big money pot yet their fans still moan, moan and bloody moan some more! They haven’t spent the last 15 years watching the sort of toilet we have had to put up with. Please, look at what you are missing by moaning. Can we not let the Chelsea fans have a **** game every week and let all at QPR be entertained………….

Like we deserve!
      And at the time of me replying with my comment we have now slipped to 14th.
      Queens Park Rangers
      NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

1pt from games against Wigan,Bolton,Fulham and Blackburn is not good enough imho.I still think we are 2/3pts behind the total that we should have given the teams weve played.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
          1pt from games against Wigan,Bolton,Fulham and Blackburn is not good enough imho.I still think we are 2/3pts behind the total that we should have given the teams weve played.
          Villa and Newcastle were 4 points dropped IMO.

The games you stated,we deserved only 1 point(Blackburn).

Comment

I am realistic to know we will struggle all season and as the old cliche goes if we somehow manage to stay up we will consolidate like the Wigens.Stokes and Bolton's but we have a dreadful next few games ahead of us

My glass is always half full with QPR so I think we will just about survive but I tell you what I will enjoy this season until the very end because our team deserve to be here

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
              Face reality mate.

Warnock is not a Prem quality manager and neither is our squad.

If we stay up it will be a miracle with our current set up.

Would break my heart to go down,but on performances against the likes of Wigan,Bolton and Fulham we are cert's to go down,barring a miracle/top striker signing.
              The first two of those examples we had a championship squad out, including Aygemang. Against Fulham we had 3 injuries, look at the positives, we beat Wolves 3-0, and played very well against Newcastle and Villa.

Comment

Originally posted by WestLondon LaLaLa View Post
                The first two of those examples we had a championship squad out, including Aygemang. Against Fulham we had 3 injuries, look at the positives, we beat Wolves 3-0, and played very well against Newcastle and Villa.
                Wolves are crap.

And Villa and Newcastle are mid-table teams come seasons end.

Chelsea,City,Utd,Arsenal,Spuds,Liverpool etc. are a step above them.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sCasual View Post
                  And at the time of me replying with my comment we have now slipped to 14th.
                  Yep and when we play we go 10th after stuffing Chelsea 1 0.

Pluck 0f Chelsea west london is ours
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Working...
                  X