Clear All

• fixture changes/TV dates

Man U at home moved to Sunday 18th 12pm KO on Sky

Sunderland at home moved to 21st December 8pm KO

Away to Swansea on 27th December 5pm KO on TV

More games to watch on the box and save money on
    Sunderland one being moved to a wednesday means i can go too

Comment

Shame the Swansea game has been moved, always like the Boxing Day games.
      22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

as a ST holder i'm sick to death of these games being moved. i know it's for TV - but can't we just show 3 or 4 prem matches on a Saturday? it's clear that showing a match live on TV doesn't stop fans going to the games – so why not have 10 games on a Saturday at 15.00 and be done with it? in order for away fans to get to the ground cheap they need to book in advance and changing the dates does not help the matter. I don’t like midweek games as I’m forced to get away from the family during the week, which I don’t think is right.
        I might be the only one thinking this but it’s becoming a bit of a joke. They’ll be playing at 3am soon to suit the rest of the world.
        :fed_up: <-- if there is a face for this.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
          as a ST holder i'm sick to death of these games being moved. i know it's for TV - but can't we just show 3 or 4 prem matches on a Saturday? it's clear that showing a match live on TV doesn't stop fans going to the games – so why not have 10 games on a Saturday at 15.00 and be done with it? .
          Because if the entire premier League was on TV on a Saturday, many small league clubs would go out of business as they would struggle to get anyone in their grounds to watch them play.

Comment

I am so happy and relieved that the Liverpool match has not been changed ....bought 11 return train tickets to Liverpool over 2 weeks ago while the prices were still cheap

Comment

Originally posted by bonkerrrrs View Post
              Man U at home moved to Sunday 18th 12pm KO on Sky

Sunderland at home moved to 21st December 8pm KO

Away to Swansea on 27th December 5pm KO on TV
              great. boy plays sunday morning wont be able top go to game

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                Because if the entire premier League was on TV on a Saturday, many small league clubs would go out of business as they would struggle to get anyone in their grounds to watch them play.
                See your point - as in many inbtween fans will go to their local ground at 15.00 on saturdays but if United Chelsea where on TV at the same time they wouldn't bother? fair point.
                But must be a different solution to just changing the calendar only a month or so in advance?

Comment

I have to say i reckon the fact that all pl games were televised which had an effect on the turnstiles is nonsense, look at the bundesliga where at the click of the red button you can watch every match being played

1 Borussia Dortmund 77.246
                  2 Bayern München 69.000
                  3 FC Schalke 04 61.316
                  4 Hamburger SV 55.242
                  5 1. FC Köln 48.059
                  6 Eintracht Frankfurt 47.171
                  7 Hertha BSC 46.681
                  8 Bor. Mönchengladbach 46.411
                  9 1. FC Nürnberg 42.336
                  10 VfB Stuttgart 41.065
                  11 Hannover 96 38.247
                  12 Werder Bremen 36.015
                  13 1899 Hoffenheim 29.688
                  14 Bayer Leverkusen 29.307
                  15 VfL Wolfsburg 29.232
                  16 VfL Bochum 24.816
                  17 SC Freiburg 22.900
                  18 1. FSV Mainz 05 20.085

Comment

Changing of games for Sky is something we have to put up with now, if were taking £90mill or whatever stupid sum of money it is from them for TV rights, we have to be willing to accept late changes to TV games, as annoying as it is, we cant have our cake and eat it.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                      I have to say i reckon the fact that all pl games were televised which had an effect on the turnstiles is nonsense, look at the bundesliga where at the click of the red button you can watch every match being played

1 Borussia Dortmund 77.246
                      2 Bayern München 69.000
                      3 FC Schalke 04 61.316
                      4 Hamburger SV 55.242
                      5 1. FC Köln 48.059
                      6 Eintracht Frankfurt 47.171
                      7 Hertha BSC 46.681
                      8 Bor. Mönchengladbach 46.411
                      9 1. FC Nürnberg 42.336
                      10 VfB Stuttgart 41.065
                      11 Hannover 96 38.247
                      12 Werder Bremen 36.015
                      13 1899 Hoffenheim 29.688
                      14 Bayer Leverkusen 29.307
                      15 VfL Wolfsburg 29.232
                      16 VfL Bochum 24.816
                      17 SC Freiburg 22.900
                      18 1. FSV Mainz 05 20.085

That's top flight football, which isn't in question. It is lower league clubs that will be impacted with regards to attendances if all the big teams are on TV at the time they play. Many people may support their local side when they can, but also follow a top team. If the top team is on the TV, they won;t bother going to to support the local team.

Comment

I'm happy for the club but I like Saturday games!
                        ( And Tuesday games too but of course the Prem is better )
                        Under Les Ferdinand:
                        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Why has Sunderland been moved to a Wednesday? Not even on sky how strange.

Comment

As Matty says (copied )Changing of games for Sky is something we have to put up with now, if were taking £90mill or whatever stupid sum of money it is from them for TV rights, we have to be willing to accept late changes to TV games, as annoying as it is, we cant have our cake and eat it.

Referal to what Alex Ferguson stated about Sky last week if you shake hands with the Devil you have to play their game or If you like take the Queens Shilling!

Comment

Football In Germany is still affordable for everyone esp in the terrace areas - thats why they have high attendances.

Comment

Working...
                              X