No announcement yet.

Have we the squad ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The way we play isolates the lone striker, and when you have two Prem class defenders marking you, you have to have class to beat them and score, even take it down and lay it off and move for the next pass.

Bothroyd can bring it down and lay it off...he is lacking the confidence in front of goal and a bit of guile.

You would be tempted to start DJ but our style of play at present doesn't suit his style.

You would have to start both (having to sacrifice someone) or even start HH but people will get the ******** if he starts. HH will win more headers... and possibly get a bit of purchase on one crossed in to get a shot on target.

I think Dezza has had the most headed attempts on target
    http://mobro.co/dantashtic
    http://twitter.com/danarnie

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      If survival is the only aim then I would say with the current squad we have about a 75% chance of survival. So in other words if Tony decides he has spent enough still think we are in with a good chance of survival. If he wants to increase those chances think we will prob need another striker (Jay does everything very well but score goals, DJ scores goals but doesn't do the other things very well that we need). Also saw the first signs of fatigue from Derry on Sun, and not sure we can just assume he will last the season. Not sure Buz is a suitable replacement, though could play Barton deep and Buz in the hole. And finally I think at centre back we have only come up against relatively weak strikers so far (poss Kevin Davis aside) so think the jury is out till Jan on whether we have enough at the centre of defence. Have no worries about any other positions.
      Very good option for us IMO. Really want to see Buzz get a run in the side at some point.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
      X