What kind of striker do we need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of striker do we need?

Do we need a small quick player, someone just to get on the end of things and bang them away, someone built like Adebola - to hold up the ball and win the ball in the air?

We need a big, tough, strong, son of a b1tcH to bang the goals in!
    Mahal kita QPR

Follow me on Twitter: Filiranger

Comment

Ideally someone who can do both so we can play one up front if we want. Beckford cd do that, not sure about lita???

Comment

Is this Italian the answer then?

Comment

just someone who knows where the frigging goal is!!!!!!!!!!! a la Cox, Beckford etc
          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

If Dex goes, we have nobody to win the headers. Helguson has a good leap, but is small - Agyemang is big but poor in the air.

Comment

having watched

having watched the aldeshot game i can see magilton is all about attack his decesion to play rose at right back shows hes right out of the gerry francis stable
              he will create so many more goalmouth situations im confident we will go up
              and yes we will score plenty of goals
              last seaso we were awash with center halfs this season we are awash with strikers so dont worry four year project is on target this year we hit the play offs

Comment

We need both!! A big nasty centre forward who will mix it with the centre halfs, hold the ball up and win headers....Then a sort of fox in the box player to play off him......then again I play non league footy so this might not be the anwser for the championship lol
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

How many will Vine, Helguson, Agyemang, Blackstock and Balanta score between them? If people think 50-60 then we don't actually need a 20+ striker but a brute upfront to bring the midfield/attack in. If though we don't think they will score that sort of amount then we need a goal scorer like Lita.

Comment

SPC - spot on. as much as I don't like the little sh1t we do need someone of his ilk!!!!!
                    oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Big and pacey but the most important thing is pace. Pace means the opposition defend ten yards deeper which in turn gives our midfield players time and space in which to create.

Ageymang is the only forward with pace, and we need another, preferably who can also score

Comment

attacking teams create

attacking teams create so many more chances,where paulo loser got it wrong he was used to playing with strikers who cost thirty million pounds each.
                        they only need one chance a game to score,but we dont have strikers that good our guys need lots of chances thats why the paulo loser system didnt work
                        i feel sorry for jason scotland he wont get many chances to score next season under paulo
                        ironically paulo could do a good job for chelsea as manager,they do have anelks didier and lampard,

Comment

Originally posted by dexterforengland View Post
                          attacking teams create so many more chances,where paulo loser got it wrong he was used to playing with strikers who cost thirty million pounds each.
                          they only need one chance a game to score,but we dont have strikers that good our guys need lots of chances thats why the paulo loser system didnt work
                          i feel sorry for jason scotland he wont get many chances to score next season under paulo
                          ironically paulo could do a good job for chelsea as manager,they do have anelks didier and lampard,
                          he's not going to get many chances to score for Sousa, as he's about to join Wigan!
                          RUN, MWEPU, RUN! CHARGE FORTH AND BOOT THAT BALL DOWNFIELD MY BOY, YOU MAGNIFICENT CHAMPION YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            he's not going to get many chances to score for Sousa, as he's about to join Wigan!
                            Headline news - Sousa in "releases leading goalscorer" shock
                            #standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                            X