Beard tries to lure Beckham to QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard tries to lure Beckham to QPR

QPR will provide David Beckham with the platform to make his name even bigger in the Far East – providing the superstar signs on the dotted line for Hoops in January.

More...

Along with the quality players we've signed ...

i really think Phil Beard could be one of our best 'signings ' ever .

The bloke oozes class , he's a big player in all the global PR and marketing circles and he's proved his worth with projects like the Olympic bid !!

Makes a change from ......NO I'll leave it this time !!

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post

The bloke oozes class , he's a big player in all the global PR and marketing circles and he's proved his worth with projects like the Olympic bid !!

Without doubt mate, he is indispensible to us.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by maddix View Post

Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Please NO we dont need D.B on exuberant wages, he won't play everyweek dont think he's up to that now! please use any money that would go on Beckham wisely, only reason they would want D.B. would be for commercial reasons merchandice & raising club profile across Asia

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Please NO we dont need D.B on exuberant wages, he won't play everyweek dont think he's up to that now! please use any money that would go on Beckham wisely, only reason they would want D.B. would be for commercial reasons merchandice & raising club profile across Asia
            Mate, having Beckham on board is a no brainer, the blokes a commercial brand and having him on board would mean mega money coming in. Would cover his "exuberant wages" 10 fold!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Mate, having Beckham on board is a no brainer, the blokes a commercial brand and having him on board would mean mega money coming in. Would cover his "exuberant wages" 10 fold!
              I hope whoever is currently number 23 is prepared to give it up..

Comment

Exuberant wages? Tell you would I'd be exuberant on a 100th of what he earns. Think you might have meant exhorbitant...

Comment

Definately would have to get a QPR superstore in the Westfield if we wanted real sales potential, apart from sports shops etc can't see many people making their way down SAR to the current shop just to pick up a DB shirt can you?
                  Queens Park Rangers
                  NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

As you said He would more than pay for His self ,T F knows how big brand Beckham is in Malasia and the far east , and what He could do to promote QPR as a brand name out there

Comment

Even one year with Beckham would raise our profile in the Far East to a phenomenal level.
                      Even if in the short term we did not cover his wages the long term legacy could see us reap the benefits for years to come.

Comment

Possible first step in to management after NW steps down (which wont be for a few years yet hopefully).

Comment

Dosnt it make you think that TF didnt not rush the purchase of QPR and in fact sat down, worked out a plan as to how much investment was needed, what personnel was needed and what he needs to do make this a success, I bet he even has a plan b, c and d.

The reason for this is you dont get personnel like Phil Beard to just join QPR at a whim, it takes time of negoitations, visions and careful thinking. The fact that he joined within days of TF taking over makes you think "why him", yes he has been very successful, yes he has a high profile, yes he is a very good PR but i also think TF wanted him for his Beckham links, as i bet you not TF is that clever.

Davids next move will not just be about football, like his move to the US, it will be about Branding, Marketing, business and what he wants to do after he retires as to where he moves next. I know most people think he is thick because he dosnt speak with a plum in his mouth, but i can assure you David is not. I would not put it past it that TF and Phil are manourvring things at QPR to be able to offer David more than just football oppertunties but an option to help him acheive his goals off the feild and after retirment from playing.

I bet this is one of the reasons why TF got Phil and I would not count us out of the Beckham deal even if Spurs are in it, as short term (1 or 2 years) they may offer better football oppertunites but longer term I bet TF and Phil offer far more with there branding, marketing and expertise.

Something tells me TF is playing a game of chess, and he just start moving his peices into place.

Please note, this is not a rumor etc... this is just my veiw on things as i sit here, eat my bacon sandwich and drink my tea
                          Last edited by Bigears; 16-09-2011, 01:57 PM.
                          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
                            Dosnt it make you think that TF didnt not rush the purchase of QPR and in fact sat down, worked out a plan as to how much investment was needed, what personnel was needed and what he needs to do make this a success, I bet he even has a plan b, c and d.

The reason for this is you dont get personnel like Phil Beard to just join QPR at a whim, it takes time of negoitations, visions and careful thinking. The fact that he joined within days of TF taking over makes you think "why him", yes he has been very successful, yes he has a high profile, yes he is a very good PR but i also think TF wanted him for his Beckham links, as i bet you not TF is that clever.

Davids next move will not just be about football, like his move to the US, it will be about Branding, Marketing, business and what he wants to do after he retires as to where he moves next. I know most people think he is thick because he dosnt speak with a plum in his mouth, but i can assure you David is not. I would not put it past it that TF and Phil are manourvring things at QPR to be able to offer David more than just football oppertunties but an option to help him acheive his goals off the feild and after retirment from playing.

I bet this is one of the reasons why TF got Phil and I would not count us out of the Beckham deal even if Spurs are in it, as short term (1 or 2 years) they may offer better football oppertunites but longer term I bet TF and Phil offer far more with there branding, marketing and expertise.

Something tells me TF is playing a game of chess, and he just start moving his peices into place.

Please note, this is not a rumor etc... this is just my veiw on things as i sit here, eat my bacon sandwich and drink my tea
                            Quality post mate!

With regards the highlighted sentance; agreed, he is not a stupid man. But, I am sure all the work done on his marketing, moves etc are done by his many advisors (most of whom probably have 1sts from Oxford or Cambridge!) and he simply signs on the dotted line! These advisors will certainly ensure his next move will be very well paid and worth while for him (and them!) thats for sure!

PS: i hope theyre with 1 sugar and loads of ketchup?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post

mmmmmmmm very interesting mate! hope you enjoyed your tea and sarnie!
                              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Working...
                              X