Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
    You can make me smile at times kay...very good ;D
    I'm not sure which is worse. Pete spelling my name as "sueprckat" or being called "Kay".

Comment

1. All this stuff about formation shows ignorance all around. 4-5-1 does not have to be defensive and could be used at home; it does not have to be dull. I still actually think that is the formation that suits our playing personnel best if only we could find someone who can be the ONE up front.
      2. I am putting forward reasons why Sousa should not be judged by his time at LR that is all. The football WAS dull towards the end, but my point is that may not have been ALL his fault.
      3. Playing squad - I have argued with Pete consistently about the quality of the squad. He thinks that it is better than 11th; I think that was about right last season. I actually think we'll be better this season, but holding on to Routledge and Dex and getting full backs and striker(s) in is necessary.
      4. I will keep an interested eye on proceedings at the Liberty Stadium and hope that Swansea finish one place and one point behind us having lost both games to us. Sousa was a class player and seems to be a person with class; I think that he deserves respect and I think most on here agree that he was treated appalingly by some fans and especially by the board. Contract 'terminated' for doing what others do daily - have the club settled out of court with him yet thus admitting they sacked him?
      Last edited by davman; 13-07-2009, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by superckat View Post
        I'm not sure which is worse. Pete spelling my name as "sueprckat" or being called "Kay".
        Ouch...the 'Y' is right next to the 'T' so apologies for that.

It won't happen again Kay.
        Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
          Ouch...the 'Y' is right next to the 'T' so apologies for that.

It won't happen again Kay.
          I am now going out to buy a very big gun

Comment

Canon?
            Your mum would love me...

Comment

apologies superkcat;D

I know what you mean 4-5-1 does not need to be defensive.

Bit of a Problem though

IT WAS

Anyone, I'm going to gloat until we've played a few games. Ipswich fans say that Magilton can tinker a bit, so lets just wait and see.
              ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
              THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

We move on and I am 100% behind Magilton and Gorman, as I am sure are many others that thought Sousa was doing a good job.

Note that this thread was not started by a Sousa supporter trying to stir it up but by Funky. If a thread starts where people give it to Sousa then you can hardly expect people who felt he was doing a decent job not to defend him.
                its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                  My opinion is just as valid as yours - I'm bored of people harping on about the past - Magilton is the manager now - not Sousa - but oh so many of you want to watch his style of play so why not go there and watch it!
                  you seem easily bored .. bored of Sousa .. bored of the thread .. yet you keep adding to it :what: anyway we all have opinions and we can agree to disagree on this one and move on.. cant we :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    My opinion is just as valid as yours - I'm bored of people harping on about the past - Magilton is the manager now - not Sousa - but oh so many of you want to watch his style of play so why not go there and watch it!

A pathetic argument more suited to the playground Bluehoop. With respect.

We're QPR fans here and want to watch QPR. Whilst having an opinion that may differ. You say that you're bored of people harping on about the past. Do you just keep that for Sousa or also include Sexton, Venables and Francis in that category?

Comment

there was too much interference for sousa to be succsessful

the strikers he had (which he didn't sign) were woeful. you can't play 4 4 2 with srikers that are not good enough. it shows a total lack of footballing knowledge by those who think you can

jordi lopez was the best passer of the ball in the team and the best in many years. he only signed because of sousa.

defense was the one area were he had a decent set of players and this is were he exelled (funny that)

the players have said he was the best manager tactically that they had worked under.

helguson and cook signed without medicals. WHY? how can he build a team when QPR were signing these players

he has more footballing experience and knowledge than every member of the board and the sporting director put together.

there is a total lack of footballing knowledge on here. and one more thing exiting football does not mean we will win games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-QPR View Post
                        there was too much interference for sousa to be succsessful

the strikers he had (which he didn't sign) were woeful. you can't play 4 4 2 with srikers that are not good enough. it shows a total lack of footballing knowledge by those who think you can

jordi lopez was the best passer of the ball in the team and the best in many years. he only signed because of sousa.

defense was the one area were he had a decent set of players and this is were he exelled (funny that)

the players have said he was the best manager tactically that they had worked under.

helguson and cook signed without medicals. WHY? how can he build a team when QPR were signing these players

he has more footballing experience and knowledge than every member of the board and the sporting director put together.

there is a total lack of footballing knowledge on here. and one more thing exiting football does not mean we will win games.
                        Agree 100% . So blatant its obvious..... to most.

Comment

there was too much interference for sousa to be succsessful.

Maybe, you could argue that with Dowie but never with Sousa he had total control on who he picked (proven by the buy of Lopez), he would not have taken the job otherwise

the strikers he had (which he didn't sign) were woeful. you can't play 4 4 2 with srikers that are not good enough. it shows a total lack of footballing knowledge by those who think you can.. No excuse to drop your best striker to the bench, play one up front. Ageymang was played as a winger when fit, though agree Buzsacky and Vine loss did not help

jordi lopez was the best passer of the ball in the team and the best in many years. he only signed because of sousa. Agree, wanted by Sousa. Shows that both team tampering and someone else buying players was not the case. Though, lets not get carried away with Lopez.
                          defense was the one area were he had a decent set of players and this is were he exelled (funny that) Not so, if you have a holding midfielder playing directly in front your back four, you are not being adventurous. Why are you so happy we had a good defence, surely we should have being trying to win games, not draw them?

the players have said he was the best manager tactically that they had worked under. The players are contracted by QPR and they would not want to be critical. In fact, only a couple of players came out and said anything positive. By memory Hogan was one, like to know any others?

helguson and cook signed without medicals. WHY? how can he build a team when QPR were signing these players. I won't go there, but its simply not true

he has more footballing experience and knowledge than every member of the board and the sporting director put together. Please tell me his footballing experience, I suggest you base your feelings are on the gentleman that Sousa is. he spoke eloquently and was very knowledgeable of European football, not the championship. Your right, he has great experience of playing football, but taking players for one on ones for 1 or 2 hours is not going to help too much

Sorry, and I should bite my lip, but I suggest none of us are that knowledgeable, but we can make judgements on what we see. Exciting football does not gurantee winning football matches, but playing 10 men behind the ball ensures you don;t win many. Look, end of the day we had a play off withing our grasp. We could argue all day long about how good we are, but at no point did we go for it. We needed to and we were far too defensive, you do that when you are facing relegation not when you are trying to get into the play offs.

Sorry, I know we have moved on, but you feel strongly and so do I
                          THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                            apologies superkcat;D

I know what you mean 4-5-1 does not need to be defensive.

Bit of a Problem though

IT WAS

Anyone, I'm going to gloat until we've played a few games. Ipswich fans say that Magilton can tinker a bit, so lets just wait and see.

Surly tactics wise you have to play to your strength's, and ours is the midfield, our strikers goalwise are poor, and with buzz vine cook wr and the argie, thats where the goals will have to come from ie an attacking 451.
                            Or 361 at home
                            They seek him here.................

Comment

Depends on you feeling about Blackstock and playing one up front with him and not playing De Carmine on his own.

Anyway, best to move on. I've said my piece and hopefully we have a good season

Comment

:tired:

This has been done to death.

We need to leave alone the subjects that divided us so bitterly,and get behind the lads and the manager-next season,i believe we have a real chance to get into the play-offs-a united and vocal fan base will be an important part of this.

UUUUUURRRRRSSSSSS:victory:

Comment

Working...
                                X