Paulo Sousa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paulo Sousa

I know there was a big up roar when he left the usual with fans jamming talk sport saying how bad it was.

Fans claiming they would never set foot in Loftus Road again.

Some of our so called fans calling the guy that saved the club a C*** during the following home game.

But having a chance to catch up with some familiar faces before the Aldershot game its amazing how many people are delighted that he has gone.

One fan summed it up "the most boring football I have ever seen at Loftus Road in 20 years"

Now I wish Sousa well I'm sure in time we may look back and regret the decision and the manner of his departure left a bitter taste.

But I am glad he is gone and there were some signs on Saturday that the style of play may well be far more attacking, which can only be a good thing.

Cant wait for the season to begin.
    Last edited by Funky; 13-07-2009, 11:58 AM.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Decent post mate.
    Your mum would love me...

Comment

On the flip side, I spoke to a good number of people on Saturday who said they didn't understand why Sousa had gone and that "we looked really solid" under him....

Comment

The must enjoy watching a team draw 0-0 week in week out
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Originally posted by Funky View Post
          The must enjoy watching a team draw 0-0 week in week out

Or just have a good understanding of football and could see what was being built :boss:

Comment

i think we started well with him, some nice attacking football - but then it got boring and i think he was too up himself to admit when mistakes were made, with team selection and tactics. Whenever we played badly, but got a draw - hed make out as if we played really well, rather than saying we could improve, or we didnt get this right etc.

Comment

We've moved on.

Comment

Mmm.... I am not sure Sousa was building anything of any excitement. He refused to play our top scorer, playing a useless Italian instead. Yes the defence was good, but teams were happy to draw at Loftus Road and we were so unadventurous it was a joke. We came 11th when with our players we should have done better.

I like Magilton already, I think after the furore of his appointment he has just got on with it and people seem okay with that. Obviously the league is where he'll be judged and we have in my opinion a favourable opening few fixtures, so we'll see.

I enjoyed watching the game on Saturday and actually it was evident that a lot of the second half team hoofed it, whereas the first half team played football more. Let's hope for more of the first half than the second please!

Comment

sorted the defence and would have gone on to improve the rest of the team/players if he wasnt shafted by the Italian mob imo. Magilton a definite step backwards as far as i am concerned but obviously i will get behind him and hope that the players we have got back from injury make up for the shortfall in the managerial expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by Stedders View Post
                    Mmm.... I am not sure Sousa was building anything of any excitement. He refused to play our top scorer, playing a useless Italian instead. Yes the defence was good, but teams were happy to draw at Loftus Road and we were so unadventurous it was a joke. We came 11th when with our players we should have done better.

I like Magilton already, I think after the furore of his appointment he has just got on with it and people seem okay with that. Obviously the league is where he'll be judged and we have in my opinion a favourable opening few fixtures, so we'll see.

I enjoyed watching the game on Saturday and actually it was evident that a lot of the second half team hoofed it, whereas the first half team played football more. Let's hope for more of the first half than the second please!
                    Might want to check with Flavio why that was the case ;)

Comment

Just to add, it wasn't me that said it.

11 0-0's says it all. Swansea enjoyed free flowing football last 2 seasons, lets just see how they do next year. Will be very interesting
                      ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                      THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                        Might want to check with Flavio why that was the case ;)
                        Is that just your opinion or just a baseless fact you have decided to post.

For what its worth I would have given Sousa a few months more and believe he was treated in a shabby way but my God his football was dire.

Comment

Sorry????? What was he building??? You lot need to grow up and stop living in the past. We have moved on so get on with it. I'm sorry but the football last season was very boring and to disagree with funky is pathetic. Give Jim Mag a chance and even if he doesn't get us promoted he might at least bring some form of attacking play and most of all.... EXCITEMENT!!!!!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
                            Is that just your opinion or just a baseless fact you have decided to post.

For what its worth I would have given Sousa a few months more and believe he was treated in a shabby way but my God his football was dire.
                            My opinion only. Of course :bad_smile:

Comment

The point is though, would he have done a better job without interference? I don't care what anyone says, when an owner mandates a formation, he IS effectively picking the team...

Comment

Working...
                              X