Young - 9 Absolute quality
    Traore - 8 - Looked good, pacy, will be top class
    Ferdinand - 8 - Solid
    Gabbidon - 5/6 - Hmmm
    Derry - 8 - Once again, he was...well...Derry
    Faurlin - 7 - Stepped up and looks himself again
    Barton - 7 - Will prove to be a quality signing
    Taarabt - 8 - Different class again, Joey seems to have raised his game
    SWP - 8 - Didnt ever look like slowing down, class!
    Bothroyd - 6 - Just needs that first goal

Connolly - 7 - didnt put a foot wrong
    DJ - 6 - looked alert and reads the game well
    Puncheon - only had 3 mins

Overall a great performance, I think we will finish around 12th
    My first game was boxing day 96 QPR 3-2 Norwich....yes we actually beat Norwich.

Yeah agree with most ratings there but Faurlin 7????? Oh behave!!! He was as good as anyone on the pitch tonight just absolute class

Comment

Agree with nearly all but, IMO, seems like Gabbidon is guna be made a scapegoat (and unfairly so). Done nothing wrong tonight, 1 or 2 pases astray but so did most players (it will happen, were not Barcelona). He was solid, as was the whole defence. A comfortabel clean sheet, never once looked out of his depth.

And Bothroyds link up play was brilliant, missed a couple chances yes, but defiantley deserved better than a 6 IMO.
      Last edited by MattyRangers; 13-09-2011, 08:24 AM.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Faurlin was my mom fantastic display, the boys is class and derry well what can you say the man amazes me could be a loftus road legend in the making!!!
        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Can't say i agree with those ratings, as actually think many are a bit harsh, and Young only worth an 8 imo.

What you need to think is if we'd taken some of our endless chances and won 4-0, which could easilly have been the reality, would your rating for the support players differ...

also as for Gabbidon, i can't understand the slating many are subjecting him to. He had 2 very loose and truely shocking passes, but apart from that was very solid. Also, both he and Ferdinand were smaller than their 2 forwards (ameobi and Best) which won't usually be the case for CB's, and yet they still won most headers and held firm for a clean sheet... what more do people want ffs.

Comment

Well one or 2 debatable but Ali was worth more no doubt in my mind.

Comment

Kenny - 7
              Young - 8 (Great signing, provides the Premier League experience we so desperately needed at the back)
              Traore - 7 (Promising)
              Ferdinand - 7
              Gabbidon - 5 (Easily the weak link in our defence, thankfully Newcastle didn't have much quality going forward but I worry about him against the likes of United and City)
              Derry - 7 (I had my doubts as to whether he would perform in the Premier League, but was excellent tonight)
              Faurlin - 7 (It was always going to take him a while to adjust, but proved tonight he can cut it at this level)
              Barton - 6 (Decent performance, but outclassed by those around him. Understandable given the opponent)
              Taarabt - 8 (Fantastic, a constant threat with some wonderful passing)
              SWP - 8 (Shows he's still hungry and not simply here for one last big pay-day. Is going to be a massive player for us this season)
              Bothroyd - 5 (Woeful finishing. Will need to improve to keep Campbell out of the team)

Overall we were excellent. If we play like that every week we'll stay up.

Comment

Originally posted by Felt View Post
                Overall we were excellent. If we play like that every week we'll stay up.
                Cue our next song, tongue in cheek:

The R's are staying up
                The R's are staying up
                And now you're gonna believe us...

Comment

Trarore looked class to me. Very pacey and offered Kenny a quick ball so many times. Something we have been missing. Hope his injury is a minor one.

Comment

Working...
                  X