Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incenzo: QPR will need to sign a goalscorer in the January transfer window

More...

Bit harsh to write Bothroyd off after - what? - three games and DJ off after how many minutes?

Comment

He didn't write them off he just said we may need to buy another striker in Jan which I agree with even if we had won 1-0 today.

Comment

Biggest plank on the airwaves.

Rangers maybe but verbal diorreah from Incenzo.

Yea we didn't take our chances tonight & others got cleared off the line that's football.

I'd be more worried if we never created a chance.

Another poor piece from Incenzo.

Comment

NW has already said he wanted another striker so will happen

Comment

Never liked Incenzo since he "stole" a job from me. Having said that, thought it was a fair assessment tbh. Not saying Bothroyd was carp just that we may need another striker in the window. Kinda agree with that.

Comment

Yeah think Bothrod has made a pretty decent start, just needs to get that first goal. DJC will do well as a poacher. Agree that we could do with a quality striker in Jan, and would make sense to get one now we have the backing to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                Yeah think Bothrod has made a pretty decent start, just needs to get that first goal. DJC will do well as a poacher. Agree that we could do with a quality striker in Jan, and would make sense to get one now we have the backing to do it.
                Bothroyd actually played very well imo. He won every ball up to him and linked with the 2 behind and deeper 3 absolutely brilliantly. He just lacked a bit of sharpness in front of goal and should have scored.

Many might say DJ should play, and the conundrum being, yes he is more likely to have taken the chances, but he wouldn't win the ball in the first place to link up with the runners and start the attacks that led to the chances....

For me we have to stick with this system and team into the next game, assuming traore has only got cramp and is fit to play.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Hmmm...

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
                  Never liked Incenzo since he "stole" a job from me. Having said that, thought it was a fair assessment tbh. Not saying Bothroyd was carp just that we may need another striker in the window. Kinda agree with that.
                  That's about how I see it too...

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                    Bothroyd actually played very well imo. He won every ball up to him and linked with the 2 behind and deeper 3 absolutely brilliantly. He just lacked a bit of sharpness in front of goal and should have scored.

Many might say DJ should play, and the conundrum being, yes he is more likely to have taken the chances, but he wouldn't win the ball in the first place to link up with the runners and start the attacks that led to the chances....

For me we have to stick with this system and team into the next game, assuming traore has only got cramp and is fit to play.

Onwards and upwards.
                    Every single word, as per my thoughts! Top post Del
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                      Biggest plank on the airwaves.

Rangers maybe but verbal diorreah from Incenzo.

Yea we didn't take our chances tonight & others got cleared off the line that's football.

I'd be more worried if we never created a chance.

Another poor piece from Incenzo.
                      Might be a poor piece ,but ufortunatly a truethful piece you can never have enough quality strikers ,Bothroyd isnt quite the prem striker at the moment was a bit lightwieght 1st half better 2nd half but needs muscle up and show a bit more agression in the box but overall put in a descent shift ,then we have DJ, on Him we cant comment yet and thats our lot, HH is not going to be more than a bit part player

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
                        Might be a poor piece ,but ufortunatly a truethful piece you can never have enough quality strikers ,Bothroyd isnt quite the prem striker at the moment was a bit lightwieght 1st half better 2nd half but needs muscle up and show a bit more agression in the box but overall put in a descent shift ,then we have DJ, on Him we cant comment yet and thats our lot, HH is not going to be more than a bit part player
                        You on a wind up? I can see people knocking his finishing but his strength and aerial ability is something surely you cannot knock? Dont remember him losing a single header nor being muscled off the ball once? Very very strong and superb at holding the ball up? Just out of interest, did you go to the game last night?

Comment

It's hardly news is it? I doubt very much if NW and Co were after Crouch for his defensive skills.
                          Then again, if Bothroyd hits a hot streak, we'll probably all change our minds
                          2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            You on a wind up? I can see people knocking his finishing but his strength and aerial ability is something surely you cannot knock? Dont remember him losing a single header nor being muscled off the ball once? Very very strong and superb at holding the ball up? Just out of interest, did you go to the game last night?
                            No not on a wind up ,if you think thats knocking Him read it again I agree He won His header yes He controled the ball but for me He didnt show enough agession in and around the box I never saw him challege a defender when the defender had the ball in and around the box a bit of Paul furlong wouldn't go amiss of course I was there otherwise I wouldn't comment its just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by loftlag View Post
                              No not on a wind up ,if you think thats knocking Him read it again I agree He won His header yes He controled the ball but for me He didnt show enough agession in and around the box I never saw him challege a defender when the defender had the ball in and around the box a bit of Paul furlong wouldn't go amiss of course I was there otherwise I wouldn't comment its just my opinion
                              fair enough i suppose i cant really disagree with the agression in and around box comment, did seem to lack that abit. I only opposed to your commment of:

"was a bit lightwieght 1st half better 2nd half but needs muscle up"

because, IMO, he was bl00dy strong yesterday and defiantly doesnt need to "Muscle up" lol

Cheers for response tho pal, civilised convo, unlike some posters who react as though youve just insult their mother and cal you every name under the sun!

Comment

Working...
                              X