Superb Performance Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb Performance Tonight

Absolutely delighted with the performance tonight but can't help but feel a little gutted that we didn't kill the game off in the first half.

We had so many great chances more than we will get in 3 games combined but have to say Newcastle will go home tonight feeling very very relieved at an away point.

All the new signings were top drawer. Bothroyd was good up front & won a lot of headers but from a personal point of view I would like to see DJ start at Wolves on Saturday.

On that showing we will be more than alright this season.

Well done Rangers

Totally agree. Even if we'd lost I couldn't moan. We had passion, pace and genuinely looked like a good premiership team, not one that should be struggling to stay up. Atmosphere was great too. Hope traore injury wasn't too serious. With my poor eye sight, I couldn't see what happened to him?

Comment

Same as that mate. Hopefully just a knock he looks a class act.

As you said even a loss you'd have to say we were brilliant. First game all the new lads together it can only get better.

On that showing we can get a win at Wolves on Saturday.

Comment

Traore only had cramp. Well summed up ric!

Comment

Happiest 0-0 at home I think I have ever seen, when that team starts to gel we will start ripping some sides apart.

Comment

Good news Anto.

Conners done alright when he come on but I'd feel a lot more assured with Traore filling that spot.

Make you right Kit. We looked potent going forward.
            Last edited by Ric-Roc; 12-09-2011, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
              Good news Anto.

Conners done alright when he come on but I'd feel a lot more assured with Traore filling that spot.

Make you right Kit. We looked potent going forward.
              in cqr on way home talksport said hed pulled a hamstring but agree with alll comments on this thread we were superb

Comment

That's worrying.

Comment

yeah it looked like a pulled hamstring, gutting cos i thought he looked quality. gutted we didnt win but at the same time absolutely delighted with our new look side. couldnt quite believe my team was outplaying a good premier league side. as much as i feel dj wouldve put at least one of jays chances away i think we need jay the way he holds up the ball, knock ons with headers and brings others into play. id like to see us play 2 up top at home and that formation from tonight away from home. still all in all im a very happy man tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
                    in cqr on way home talksport said hed pulled a hamstring but agree with alll comments on this thread we were superb
                    It looked like a hamstring at first on the TV but Warnock was interviewed later and joked how can a 22 year old get cramp... he must have been going out with Adel or something......

Hope that is the case as he is a class player and looked really composed on the ball and is awesome going forward, plus he is quite tall and strong so not gpoing to get pushed about either.

Obverall fantastic performance other than not getting what we deserved. I thought Bothroyd lacked a killer instinct in front of goal a couple of times, but he was a fantastic target man tonight and i honestly dont recall him losing a ball when played up to him.. he seemed to be unchallenged most times to the point he chested quite a few to Faurlin / Derry / Taraabt. He may still be getting his sharpness back after that virus and if he starts to add goals to that link up play he could be a hell of aplayer in this system we play.

SWP though, stunning match considering he's not started a game for a year..... infinately better than Lennon, and if he plays like that Walcott also. I can see him at the Euro's for England.

Comment

We looked like a Premiership team. Excellent performance, it's just a shame we couldn't deliver where it matters.

Comment

The thing that got me was, I remember a couple of years ago, the best I could think was " I hope we don't lose". Now that thought doesn't even enter my mind....we look like a team that can give as good as it gets, and more....the opposition teams should be wary of us. What a pleasant change. Well done tonight u R's!
                        Lonesome is being an R's fan on the prairies Always QPR!

Comment

Working...
                        X