It may not work straight out of the box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It may not work straight out of the box

It is unlikely that we will suddenly make this jump in the level of prem standard. It could take 3 or 4 games for the new team to gel, so we shouldn't have sky high expectations for tonight. I think we'll see a steady team improvement over the next month, and it may not happen as quick as some expect.

There's a lot of pressure on Neil to deliver now that he has got some quality additions to the squad, but remember he got these new players in only about 3 weeks, and the window closed only 2 weeks ago, so all a bit rushed.

Plus there will be Joey Barton attention and distractions all night, crowd and media will be waiting for the fuse to be lit, but hopefully he won't rise to the bait and he'll stay a pro about it.

I'll be pleased if we draw tonight, geordies are unbeaten so far and playing well. But very importantly, we need to give Neil a bit of time to find the balance. We need to be patient lads.

I agree with you that we will improve over the comming month. Still predicting a win 2night...

Comment

Great post Gerry. Very grounded and realistic as there will no doubt be a few fickle fans on here slating the manager/owner/squad tomorrow IF we were to get beaten tonight.

Guna be a very close game and I for 1 cant farking wait!

You RRrrrrr's!
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
        It is unlikely that we will suddenly make this jump in the level of prem standard. It could take 3 or 4 games for the new team to gel, so we shouldn't have sky high expectations for tonight. I think we'll see a steady team improvement over the next month, and it may not happen as quick as some expect.

There's a lot of pressure on Neil to deliver now that he has got some quality additions to the squad, but remember he got these new players in only about 3 weeks, and the window closed only 2 weeks ago, so all a bit rushed.

Plus there will be Joey Barton attention and distractions all night, crowd and media will be waiting for the fuse to be lit, but hopefully he won't rise to the bait and he'll stay a pro about it.

I'll be pleased if we draw tonight, geordies are unbeaten so far and playing well. But very importantly, we need to give Neil a bit of time to find the balance. We need to be patient lads.
        agreed gerry,but we need to hit the ground running cos these next few games we need to take as many points as possible before we get to the chelsea's spurs and man city's

Comment

The international break came at a good time for us. Players have had plenty of training sessions together. Not ideal but better than just throwing them in after deadline day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post

Absolutely spot on mate, saved me the trouble of writing the same post!!

Comment

I agree, shame we are playing winnable games over the next month though.....

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                agreed gerry,but we need to hit the ground running cos these next few games we need to take as many points as possible before we get to the chelsea's spurs and man city's

Comment

Let's stay patient, and get behind the team!

COME ON YOU Rs!
                  A blog of my first season ticket, and QPR's return to the Premiership after 15 years

Where Were You When We Were S4!T?

Comment

Do Agree with you Gerry , only prob is that our next few games have points for the taking gets considerably harder in 4-5 weeks , I would take a draw tonight and hope to build, would like to see us scoring aswel
                    Just need fans to stay with team tonight regardless of what happens

Am so fkng excited ready to burst , leaving in 10 mins

Come on you r'sssssssssssssssss

Comment

Looks to be working pretty bloody well at the moment! Just need that finishing touch and we could be 3 up!!
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Comment

oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                          X