Drugs in football - Dispatches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drugs in football - Dispatches

Could be quite an explosive documentary tonight, worth recording. Naming and shaming a number of Premiership stars including one who was sold by his club to another premiership club without the purchasing club knowing about the failed drug test. Fingers crossed none of our new signings are involved.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-players.html
    Don't Get Mad get Even!

I distinctly remember rumours of two of our ex players having convenient 6-9 month "injuries" in the mid to late 90's....

Comment

Interesting Nodge. Care to PM their names plse?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        Interesting Nodge. Care to PM their names plse?
        Beat me to it!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Most professional athletes are on juice or EPO or something. I will try and find the ronaldo before and after pics. No way is he natural.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
            Most professional athletes are on juice or EPO or something. I will try and find the ronaldo before and after pics. No way is he natural.
            I disagree mate. When its youre career and you spend 3/4/5 hours a day working out, running, in gym etc and you have the very best dieticians and trainers at your beckon call, its not too hard to see how these footballers get into such shape.

Comment

Rumour has it the coke head is allegedally Carroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                Rumour has it the coke head is allegedally Carroll.

In all fairness (above smiley aside!), wouldtn shock me in the least.

Such a talented player, but everything points to him being of the Collymore mould and never fulfulling his potential

Comment

Bullard also was rumoured to like a sniff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post
                    Huh? Please find those pics, they would be interesting to see cause I have never seen one indicating he's on something.

Comment

shame few recall the u21 portugeese team, with ronaldo, refusing a drugs test...police in france apparently do it ( did it then), they arrive and team manager stalls them, gets team onto bus and sods off..none got a ban, but def avoided a test, some players couldn't play in france again for ages....

maradona was bang on it in barca and likely when at napoli too, biggest name in the world, they excused him.

rumours were of rosicky at arsenal, mutu comes to mind

many at sampdoria in the 90s, retired about the same time as rumours abounded of compounds etc, vialli and david platt were mentioned ( he was arsenal and retired as rumours broke....) proof is the word.
                      rumours followed linford christie for yrs and they caught him, when retired at some benefit run??

Comment

Let me tell you if the truth came out it would shake the Prem to its knees....
                        But it wont because there's to much money at stake...

Comment

Rafa Nadal took a year out with a nasty knee injury.....whatever knee injury it was, it's caused him to shed some muscle bulkage around his abdomen, chest and upper thighs.

LTA were terrified this summer that a male top 5 player was going to provide a positive sample and tested throughout, though, apparently missing the player in question.
                          Last edited by Nodge70; 12-09-2011, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                            Rafa Nadal took a year out with a nasty knee injury.....whatever knee injury it was, it's caused him to shed some muscle bulkage around his abdomen, chest and upper thighs.
                            And used the services of Dr Ferrari - well known in cycling for his "vitamin" programmes.....

Comment

Think we all have to understand that the professional athlete needs a bit of help now and then. Rest and recuperation simply is not enough, we play more and more games at a much fitter level than before, and the body cant cope. Look at Mr Usian Bolt, you telling me that's natural?? Never get caught though , worth to much to the sport.

Comment

Working...
                              X