Premier League Table come May:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League Table come May:

I have done a few thousand calculations and make us 8TH!

Yes, there are a lot of suprise in there, not least Stoke, but this year will see some big changes to the Premier League standings:

Maybe Stoke will be further down and Villa further up...maybe Moyes will do better with Everton and maybe Newcastle will finish above Sunderland. But West Brom and Fulham will do OK I think - Blackburn must go down this year!

Outside the top 6 though there is no one we should be that bothered about!

1st Man Utd
    2nd Man City
    3rd Chelsea
    4th Liverpool
    5th Arsenal
    6th Spurs
    7th Stoke
    8th QPR
    9th Villa
    10th Sunderland
    11th Newcastle
    12th West Brom
    13th Fulham
    14th Everton
    15th Bolton
    16th Wolves
    17th Wigan
    18th Blackburn
    19th Swansea
    20th Norwich
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
    How do you do so many calculations?

Comment

just out of pure interest, what do you base this on? is it reputation or current form or just pure guesswork?

eitherway i dont think your far wrong with some teams. i highly doubt we'll be that high come may. i still expect us to finish around 11-17th
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Or you could say, I highly doubt we'll be that high come what may

Comment

At the end of the day, assuming we can avoid any shocking season ending injuries for any key players, we will be comfortable and around 12th imo. That said from about 8th to 15th there may only be a few points so it's not entirely unrealistic to finish higher than that, would love the top 10.

I think your bottom 3 will be right, with maybe Wigan in there instead of Blackburn. Blackburn anihiated Everton and managed to lose after missing 2 pens and having one given against them when the defender dared to heard the ball away... so they have something about them.... compare that to Wigan, who've only played the 3 promoted teams and were lucky against us to get their first win. Also bear in mind, last year the scraped survival when they had Nzogbia and Cleverly playing for them.... they are a lot weaker this year without those 2.

I don't think Stoke will finish that high. I have them mid table at best. Yes spent money and have improved a lot, BUT, if Etherington or Penant get injured they will revert to Long ball / long throw rubbish to the likes of Crouch, Jones, Jerome, none of whom are prolific and i think all too similar. It won't be pretty and i think with the extra pressure they'll have this year to deliver, it could play against them.

Comment

Originally posted by GaxZE View Post
            just out of pure interest, what do you base this on? is it reputation or current form or just pure guesswork?

eitherway i dont think your far wrong with some teams. i highly doubt we'll be that high come may. i still expect us to finish around 11-17th
            I thought it was just not cricket to reveal any sources around here and I would hate to break tradition and reveal my data sources for this prediction!
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

well

well the highest i can think of is 4th

but as long as we can stay up im delighted,i hope we can get a ten million pound striker in jan,that really would bolster our chances
              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                well the highest i can think of is 4th

but as long as we can stay up im delighted,i hope we can get a ten million pound striker in jan,that really would bolster our chances
                What is it with people's obsession with spending (often wasting) millions.... More money spent does not guarantee more quality - Fact.

I just want us to get in the right players for the team / club as required, if they will help push us to the next level, not for the sake of doing so.

Ask you this, who's better a Free Barton, or an £8m Palacios.... i know who i'd rather have.

Also the best way to sum this up be to think back 15 years and i expect there were many praying we'd spend £2.7m on a striker.....

Comment

8th would be ok if we beat the likes of Bolton and Wigan....oh we played em !

Comment

Yes, there are a lot of suprise in there, not least Stoke, but this year will see some big changes to the Premier League standings:

Maybe Stoke will be further down and Villa further up...maybe Moyes will do better with Everton and maybe Newcastle will finish above Sunderland. But West Brom and Fulham will do OK I think - Blackburn must go down this year!

Outside the top 6 though there is no one we should be that bothered about!

1st Man Utd
                    2nd Man City
                    3rd Chelsea
                    4th Liverpool
                    5th Arsenal
                    6th Spurs
                    7th Stoke
                    8th QPR
                    9th Villa
                    10th Sunderland
                    11th Newcastle
                    12th West Brom
                    13th Fulham
                    14th Everton
                    15th Bolton
                    16th Wolves
                    17th Wigan
                    18th Blackburn
                    19th Swansea
                    20th Norwich
                    Will have to win the FA Cup then....or make the final and play a top 4 team..
                    http://mobro.co/dantashtic
                    http://twitter.com/danarnie

Comment

Im guna hazard a guess that the table will finish up something like this:

1st Man Utd
                      2nd Man City
                      3rd Chelsea
                      4th Liverpool
                      5th Arsenal
                      6th Spurs
                      7th Stoke
                      8th Sunderland
                      9th Villa
                      10th Everton
                      11th West Brom
                      12th Fulham
                      13th Bolton
                      14th Newcastle
                      15th QPR
                      16th Wolves
                      17th Blackburn
                      18th Wigan
                      19th Swansea
                      20th Norwich
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

the only real change there other than a couple of teams moving very slightly is you have QPR a lot further down.

It would be good to stay up, but are Fulham, Bolton (forget that result), West Brom and Everton really that much better than us. Couple of good managers in there, but Everton could get into big problems this year.
                        twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

the only real change there other than a couple of teams moving very slightly is you have QPR a lot further down.

It would be good to stay up, but are Fulham, Bolton (forget that result), West Brom and Everton really that much better than us. Couple of good managers in there, but Everton could get into big problems this year.
                          Yea I think the league was pretty similar to how I see it ending up, but I do think some of our fans underestimate the PL sides abit, even the weaker teams.

I agree Everton COULD get into trouble, but players like Baines, Jagielka, Fellaini, Saha and this lad from Real Madrid are all very very good players and i dont think theyre quite going to be down there with Swansea and Norwich, IMO. I think 15th is a realistic fniish for us. Don't get me wrong, looking at our side i can see we have potential to maybe even push for top half, but Im just being half cautious as to not think weve only to got turn up every week and were guarenteed survival, no game will be easy this year.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good enough for me. I think we can all celebrate an eighth place finish!

Have you worked out where we'll finish next season too?

Comment

Originally posted by W12pHilOsOPher View Post
                              Good enough for me. I think we can all celebrate an eighth place finish!

Have you worked out where we'll finish next season too?
                              Not yet. For two reasons:

1. I have not worked out who will get promoted from the Chamionship, so I don't even know who we will be playing
                              2. I need the summer transfer window to have closed for that coming season.

As you can probably imagine these calcualtions are extremely complex, so I can't mess with the formula.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X