Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this have been a contributing factor to why Barton signed for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this have been a contributing factor to why Barton signed for us?

At the start of the England match on Friday they showed that England were playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

During the match Joey tweeted:

"I know Bulgaria r not great but I love this formation. Only change I d make is Gerrard for Walcott and put Young out wide left cutting in...and Rio F back in when fit. Two holders, letting front 4 attack is the future. Dutch been doing this since 1974??" (I've added the relevant emphasis)

Which other team close to our hearts do we know plays in the same formation?! Could this have contributed to his decision to join us?

Yea & 65,000 other reasons come to mind also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
      Yea & 65,000 other reasons come to mind also.
      His agent also has a 600,000 reasons why aswell
      Last edited by DelTrotter; 04-09-2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

You aint wrong.

To be fair though he could of waited until near the end of the window & I 100% guarantee he would of had offers from clubs 'bigger' than us. The OP's original statement could be quite accurate & of course with Sir Warnock in Joey's shell like I imagine Loftus Rd was going to be his only destination.

Comment

Originally posted by padstow View Post
          At the start of the England match on Friday they showed that England were playing in a 4-2-3-1 formation.

During the match Joey tweeted:

"I know Bulgaria r not great but I love this formation. Only change I d make is Gerrard for Walcott and put Young out wide left cutting in...and Rio F back in when fit. Two holders, letting front 4 attack is the future. Dutch been doing this since 1974??" (I've added the relevant emphasis)

Which other team close to our hearts do we know plays in the same formation?! Could this have contributed to his decision to join us?

Could be but watch this interview, makes me laugh when he says something about he would be lynched at most places who came in for in.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14682416.stm
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

It may have crossed his mind that we play the same system and it can't do any harm, but it wouldn't have been that much of a factor.

He could have got "better" offers by waiting, but if he does have England ambitions why be just another very good player among lots of very good players.. He could easilly play well and go un-noticed. By playing for a lesser team he could be the standout performer and get headlines week in week out, and get noticed. Look at parker. Nothing special and certainly not the best in the prem, but he stood out every week in a pile of manure and got the headlines and was in peoples minds as a result, including the England manager.

Comment

1974 Holland Team did not play that formation an they did not play with 2 holding midfield players.

Joey came to us because no one else came in for him - don't kid yourselves people. We would not have been his choice if he had a choice.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I dunno - I think it seems that Sunderland came in for him. As he says, he'd have been lynched if he had.
                If true - i can't believe they would have paid any less.

Going to Rangers keeps a good relationship with the Geordies. (We'll see on Monday week - but I bet they don;t boo him as they agree with him about the owner's lack of ambition)
                I'd bet that he ends-up back there in a year or two - if they change ownership and if his form gets him toward the England team again.

Unless he's quite happy with Euro Champs league football with us next season...

Comment

Working...
                X