so Crouch 12m, Dann 7.7m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so Crouch 12m, Dann 7.7m

Great players but by my reckoning our total spend isn't much more than what Dann cost alone. (SWP 3m, Anton 1.25, Traore 1.5m, Young 2m). Think we're doing really good business here.

Wages are another matter of course...

Yeah we're not in that league of money spent, thats why Crouch would have been a loan first.

Comment

Stoke's business is startling - £22m spent and i doubt anyone's taken a pay cut either. They've really pushed the boat out.

Comment

By the sounds of it we were in the driving seat with Crouch and haggling on a decent price until Stoke blew us out of the water with an offer no one could refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsonist View Post
          Stoke's business is startling - £22m spent and i doubt anyone's taken a pay cut either. They've really pushed the boat out.
          As i put in another thread, money spent means nothing. They spent £22m on Crouch, Palacios and Jerome, yet i would honestly prefer our 3 of Bothroyd, Barton and Dj for a combined £1.25m.

We have done some truly brilliant business.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            As i put in another thread, money spent means nothing. They spent £22m on Crouch, Palacios and Jerome, yet i would honestly prefer our 3 of Bothroyd, Barton and Dj for a combined £1.25m.

We have done some truly brilliant business.
            True but on the flip side i would say Dann is worth every penny of his transfer, but was out of our price bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              True but on the flip side i would say Dann is worth every penny of his transfer, but was out of our price bracket.
              To be honest i would say yes to £5m, but the reported £6-8m or £7.7m is too much imo.

To put that in perspective, Arsenal got Mertasacker for a reported £6.5m (i think) and he has 75 caps for Germany and is still only 26....!!

I know who i'd rather have.

Comment

SWP was £6.5m according Man City forums

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                  Cant se it being anymore than 3mill myself as thats what they accepted from Bolton when they were in talks with him last week/week before.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

No chance. They wanted him off their wage bill.

Paying 12 mil for Crouch is madness. He's an average striker who at age 30 will have no resale value.

Comment

We'd make an announcement to finally have an actual transfer record then surely?

Comment

Under Briatore we would have. Maybe Fernandes doesn't care.

SWP even at 3m would break our transfer record though unless we're carrying on with the Faurlin deceit. (Surely he didn't cost less than Sheron's 2.75m?)

Comment

Crouch definitely not worth it, Dann definitely is.

Comment

A mate of mine' cousin overheard Gianni splurting out that the price for SWP was £16.5m

No doubt that will be confirmed on the offish soon
                            Don't you just love Gianni "I've never done nothing wrong for this club" Paladini..

Comment

Tony, Amit and Neil have been some busy, but what great results for their efforts! It is going to be a great season for the R's and instead of worries of relegation, we can set our sights much higher. This should be a fun team to watch. Well done everyone!
                              Lonesome is being an R's fan on the prairies Always QPR!

Comment

Working...
                              X