Aldershot Caveat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldershot Caveat

Whatever the score, can we please not read into it??

Aldershot have 1 or 2 weeks pre-season training over us for a start. For a seconder, we have players coming back from injury who need to ease into matchplay. We are without Lee Cook and Damien Stewart. Finally, it is not meant to be overly competitive - especially for the very first friendly.

It's just that if we get beaten by the shots (or even draw - shock horror!!) this board will probably go into melt down......"should've got a decent manager"......"the whole squad needs replacing"....."Buszacky may never get back to the player he was"......."Should never have got rid of Camp"......."I always said Delaney was a class player"........etc..

Let's all just take it for what it is - a run out to get some pitch coverage and experiment with player combinations and tactics. After all, Jim and John need to see what doesn't work, as well as what does, and whilst trying what doesn't work we may well concede, if you get my drift.

Rant over!
    Last edited by Minty; 11-07-2009, 12:46 PM.
    Be nice to Minty

if we lose i expec jimmy mag to be sacked forthwith!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
      if we lose i expec jimmy mag to be sacked forthwith!
      You are the exception, Facto. You are our resident moaner - we like it that way.
      Be nice to Minty

Comment

if you cant whip a small non league esq club from a garrison town near fleet god help us when we play exeter!

Comment

Minty we are far superior to Aldershot.
          I think we will win by at least 4 clear goals.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by factamondo View Post
            if you cant whip a small non league esq club from a garrison town near fleet god help us when we play exeter!
            Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Minty we are far superior to Aldershot.
            I think we will win by at least 4 clear goals.
            I know what you're saying.

When fully fit, yes. But Pre-season anything can happen. Look at the Cup competition upsets every year. They are down to the bigger side not being full strength, or hung over from European fixtures, etc.

Plus, Gary Waddock knows his side inside out, whereas Jimbo needs these games to get that 'carnal knowledge'.

All I'm calling for is a little reasonableness.
            Last edited by Minty; 11-07-2009, 01:00 PM.
            Be nice to Minty

Comment

The results of pre-season friendlies, especially the first couple are meaningless.

If we win 4-0 or lose 1-0, it dont mean much.

Remember we beat Chelsea not that long ago (Leroy! Leroy! Leroy!).

Comment

totally agree minty but it's futile with our fans.

Comment

i am being reasonable.if our legions of fans watch our fantastically paid heroes succumbe to the footballing giants of aldershot our season is in ruins!

Comment

[QUOTE=Minty;77156]Whatever the score, can we please not read into it??

Aldershot have 1 or 2 weeks pre-season training over us for a start. For a seconder, we have players coming back from injury who need to ease into matchplay. We are without Lee Cook and Damien Stewart. Finally, it is not meant to be overly competitive - especially for the very first friendly.

It's just that if we get beaten by the shots (or even draw - shock horror!!) this board will probably go into melt down......"should've got a decent manager"......"the whole squad needs replacing"....."Buszacky may never get back to the player he was"......."Should never have got rid of Camp"......."I always said Delaney was a class player"........etc..

Let's all just take it for what it is - a run out to get some pitch coverage and experiment with player combinations and tactics. After all, Jim and John need to see what doesn't work, as well as what does, and whilst trying what doesn't work we may well concede, if you get my drift.

Rant over![/QUOT

yes sir.whatever you say sir.
                    cotswolds? i ask ya

Comment

i just noticed that too!

Comment

i would much rather us get beat and improve the fitness levels because this is what these games are for.as for pointing out that minty is from the cotswolds...what relevance does that have?,please dont go down the you dont go to games rubbish route.
                        what the hell was god thinking of when he thought of hamsters?

Comment

Agree minty, afterall bury beat Everton 2-1 yesterday. Says it all really.
                          Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I would not be suprised if we lost today and I would be comletely unbothered.

Normally thie first pre season game features fringe squad players for a good portion of games. I wouldnt drawn any conclusions about any pleyer regardless of if they play or not.

Hope everyone gets through it ok without any injuries that would be the best result.
                            its New Era number 8 i tell thee, bring on the fireworks

Comment

Originally posted by Minty View Post
                              yes sir.whatever you say sir.
                              cotswolds? i ask ya
                              ST holder. Are you?

:boss:
                              Last edited by Minty; 11-07-2009, 03:20 PM.
                              Be nice to Minty

Comment

Working...
                              X