Has Sir Neil ever had such a squad??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Sir Neil ever had such a squad??

Sir Neil of the Loft is renowned for generating huge team spirit and getting results with a teams 'punching above their weight', but... does anyone recall him having a squad the likes of which we seem to be (at least allegedly at this moment) gathering??

Not wishing to commit heresy but could the squad outstrip Neil's managerial abilities?

I'm hoping that given the players latent skills and Neil's man management skills that the two will come together and push us into the top half of the table this season (I still think 11th this season!).

Just wondering....
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Palace were pretty strong to be fair..........
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Slow down mate, we have only done 2 top quality signings yet( DJ and Barton). Worries me when people writes like this when nothings announced.

Comment

I think we'll have a good starting 11, but when injuries and suspensions start coming in like they have already we'll need some good replacements to help them out. We'll need players who can play an array of positions. We're still in my opinion quite light at the back.

Only have

1. Young
        2. Hall
        3. Orr
        4. Shittu
        5. Connolly
        6. Perone
        7. Hill

Of those Hall, Shittu and Perone can only play one position. I remember Hall at right back at Blackpool and it was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from a Rangers player. Anyone else remember it?

Let's hope we sign a top centre back today. Dann and Onuhua would be great. I reckon we could get one.
        First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          We're still in my opinion quite light at the back.

Only have

1. Young
          2. Hall
          3. Orr
          4. Shittu
          5. Connolly
          6. Perone
          7. Hill
          And Gabbidon
          http://eatsleepdrinkblogfootball.blogspot.co.uk - an independent look at all things football in general and QPR. Twitter: @ESDBFootball

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
            I think we'll have a good starting 11, but when injuries and suspensions start coming in like they have already we'll need some good replacements to help them out. We'll need players who can play an array of positions. We're still in my opinion quite light at the back.

Only have

1. Young
            2. Hall
            3. Orr
            4. Shittu
            5. Connolly
            6. Perone
            7. Hill

Of those Hall, Shittu and Perone can only play one position. I remember Hall at right back at Blackpool and it was one of the worst performances i have ever seen from a Rangers player. Anyone else remember it?

Let's hope we sign a top centre back today. Dann and Onuhua would be great. I reckon we could get one.
            Am I wrong in saying Perone played RB against Wigan?
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              Am I wrong in saying Perone played RB against Wigan?
              Definitely played CB. Gabby was RB for that game, until Hall went off for Harriman.
              Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                Definitely played CB. Gabby was RB for that game, until Hall went off for Harriman.
                OK mate fair enough. Only caught bits of it on a stream, hense the confusion. Didnt think Perone looked the sort to be able pay at RB. How do you think he faired Saturday?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                X