Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news.

Comment

How old will he be when the 2 years is up?

I wonder what kind of money he'll be on.
      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Now on offish. Just a one year extension.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail...431326,00.html
        http://eatsleepdrinkblogfootball.blogspot.co.uk - an independent look at all things football in general and QPR. Twitter: @ESDBFootball

Comment

Fully deserved.

Still remember his emotional response on Late Kick Off last year when asked about players reaction if Promotion was taken away due to a points deduction by the FA. Top Man !

Comment

He will probably stay on in a coaching role after hanging up his boots.
            Or maybe heir apparent to Warnock.
            http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Comment

One year extension much more sensible. Reading through this post I thought some sensible posters had lost their minds. Put sentiment aside and ask yourself whether Derry would really be cutting it in the Prem in two years. It would have smacked of Neil doing his mate a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                One year extension much more sensible. Reading through this post I thought some sensible posters had lost their minds. Put sentiment aside and ask yourself whether Derry would really be cutting it in the Prem in two years. It would have smacked of Neil doing his mate a favour.
                None of us can predict the future mate. Although I can definatley see where youre coming from, weve got to remember that its 2 years on the trot now alot of people have written him off and he has proven us wrong.

Not tryna say he is in the same league as Giggsy, but just take him for example, 37 and still going strong. Just goes to show some players do defy what is the norm for their age and continue to go strong and even get better with age.

Alexander for Burnley is another good example. There are always players that, on paper, should be terrible and past it, yet they continue to do well, and I believe Derry is 1 of those. Granted, this year may well be his last as a starter in the PL, but I think next year he could still have a role to play. Great professional.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

reading the full article it actually says he will be here till the end of next season when he will be 35 plus. am very happy we might be able to keep an old warhorse with all the right attitudes at the club who is clearly going to get his coaching badges etc and could be a good addition for the new academy. Just hope we won't be paying him 20 odd grand a week to do so, great though he has been for us...

Comment

Working...
                  X