No announcement yet.

Gary Hooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intellegent player with good movement, and a good finisher.

Comment

tbf....he has a decent first touch for a big fella-can hold the ball up-bring others into play. he would do a good job at championship level. defo not one for us considering we have been linked with better players. if he put the full ninety minutes he does blow drying his hair onto the pitch then he'd stand a chance.........also lost a heading contest to gregor once.....
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Be a good addition, but at half that price with Hulse thrown in. Agree also about the level of Scotland - wasn't it Boyd who had an incredible scoring record up there then did nothing much for Boro?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Be a good addition, but at half that price with Hulse thrown in. Agree also about the level of Scotland - wasn't it Boyd who had an incredible scoring record up there then did nothing much for Boro?
          or scott mcdonald??? still think hooper was a major miss for the last shower-never garenteed(look at what arsenal payed for the original fox in the box) but reckon hooper is the real deal-quality. he never seems fazed.
          PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

The Scottish prem is worse than the CCC. Only 2 teams could even compete with the top 10 CCC sides and the rest are league 1 standard more likely.

Another example would be Chris Commons. Was a decent player at Derby, nothing more, yet he goes to Celtic and is the star man, in arguably the best team in the league.... says it all.

That said, Hooper could do a job, certainly better than Agyeman / Hulse etc, and not neccessarilly better for our system than HH, but i expect would take more chances. I'm not so bothered if he "only" got 20 for Celtic in the pub league because they share the goals around. IT's like United in the 90's had loads of players score 10-15, but nobody over 20, but the likes of Hughes were still excellent players.

What matters is if he can finish when given chances, and by all accounts he can.... Some players just need a good chance in a decent team in a good league to prove themselves. Doyle went to Reading from the irish league for £100k FFS and scored freely in the CCC and prem ever since...

Comment

doyle/long/coleman etc were exceptional signings from the irish lge-have we scouts here?? agree the spl is sithe but (as i have said already) my personal view is we missed out on a top finisher-still would get him at the same price celtic paid....worth double in two seasons!!
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

well

well its an age long problem ,in the old days players like gilzean,macari,dalglish
                etc etc etc used to be able to come down to our top division and do well but the scottish prem is complete crap if danny shittu played center forward for
                celtic he would score 50 goals a season..................so i cant see it.......

BUT I TRUST WARNOCK ENTIRELY IF NEIL WANTS HIM THEN I WILL GO WITH NEILS INSTINCT

REMEMBER WARNOCK IS GOD
                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Cracking post ted and I make you spot on. U say it as you see it and can't argue with that.
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

QPR Plan Intelligent £6m Bid for Celtic Striker

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2011/08...eltic-striker/

Comment

No thanks to gary hooper. Hardly any players in that league are worth it in the premiership.

Comment

Working...
                      X