Fernandes interview on Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes interview on Player

Says he already feels very proud of QPR and has a special feeling for the club.

Hasn't metioned this before but he even enjoys driving around the stadium late at night, taking it all in what he's done and wants to achieve for the club.

Sounds like he's fallen in love with the place!

Spoke about his 4 main aims for the club:

1) Stay up - give Neil all the support he needs to achieve that.

2) Build for the future - to be known for having a great academy to bring through a regular supply of good players. Thinks our location will help greatly with that.

2) Get the fans involved as much as possible and make them proud - be transparent and accessible. He views the fans as like shareholders and therefore genuinely wants/needs to hear our views and feedback.

4) Be a strong partner in the community
    Last edited by Stanley; 28-08-2011, 01:07 PM.

Love him.

Comment

2) Build for the future - to be known for having a great academy to bring through a regular supply of good players. Thinks our location will help greatly with that.

^ THis is the best and most important point. I can not wait. Well I can, I don' have a choice. But, I really hope we begin bringing through world class players through our own system.

Comment

While speaking of transparency; I hope the club will arrange meetings between the fans and the club on a regular basis.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rieger View Post

^ THis is the best and most important point. I can not wait. Well I can, I don' have a choice. But, I really hope we begin bringing through world class players through our own system.
          He also said that all this will attract new younger fans to the club and increase our size and fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            While speaking of transparency; I hope the club will arrange meetings between the fans and the club on a regular basis.
            New CEO Phil Beard specifically said in his interview that he wants to meet and listen/talk to the fan groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              New CEO Phil Beard specifically said in his interview that he wants to meet and listen/talk to the fan groups.
              That's a very noble intention and I applaud him for it, but our fan base is so fractured that's not going to be as easy as it sounds.

Comment

That´s great.

I like his attitude.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by iheartwegerle View Post
                  That's a very noble intention and I applaud him for it, but our fan base is so fractured that's not going to be as easy as it sounds.
                  ....agree, and the reasons for which are well documented, but this is a new dawn and in a sense they have a responsiblity in playing their part to re-unite the fan base.

Comment

....agree, and the reasons for which are well documented, but this is a new dawn and in a sense they have a responsiblity in playing their part to re-unite the fan base.
                    True but this is arguably the best time to get everyone back on the same page again, the reasons that the fan base became fractured in the first place no longer exist!

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                      True but this is arguably the best time to get everyone back on the same page again, the reasons that the fan base became fractured in the first place no longer exist!

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Opinions are like A******s, everyone has one, but nobody wants to see the other guy's.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------
                      https://twitter.com/#!/QPRBOB

Comment

Working...
                      X