No announcement yet.

Gorkss sold to Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it very strange that Gorks was sold ahead of Ramage, Hall and Shittu. This guy proved it last season to be part of the best defence in the land. The other 3 couldn't even get in the side and somehow Hall is now starting in the Prem!
    First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

To be honest i reckon we will have a new back four by the shutting of the loan window.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
        To be honest i reckon we will have a new back four by the shutting of the loan window.
        In all fairness we need 1 if we want to survive!

As well as Orr Gorkss Connolly/Hall Hill done last year, this year (as we saw against Bolton) theyre just not good enough. A back 4 along the lines of:

Young Onouha Gabbidon Bertrand

would fill me with alot more confidence!
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by HammersmithR View Post
          I find it very strange that Gorks was sold ahead of Ramage, Hall and Shittu. This guy proved it last season to be part of the best defence in the land. The other 3 couldn't even get in the side and somehow Hall is now starting in the Prem!
          Unfortunately lacks pace for PL and maybe the only one anybody offered a fee for.

Comment

Originally posted by JustinQPR View Post
            Much better than Shittu, far more reliable than Hall.

Sad to see him go.

wait 'til they find out how much he'll set them back on bandages!
            I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

good honest pro , its sad to see him go , much better than hall , shits and damage, but hey in warnock we trust!
              LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Quite simple - a club wanted Gorkss and nobody wanted the three you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by sirpiechucker View Post
                  Quite simple - a club wanted Gorkss and nobody wanted the three you mentioned.
                  spot mate!
                  LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Does seem strange that suddenly Hall has leapfrogged Gorrks and Connolly for a CB berth in the prem.

Oh well, thanks Kaspers, good job son!

As for the raised eyebrows to £900k... Didn't they get £5m for Mills or something like that from Sven, so to replace with Gorrks who was integral in the best defence last season and pocket over £4m profit would seem bloody good business.
                    Last edited by Del; 24-08-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I think it is simply down to Gorkss lack of pace. As simple as that.
                      But I admit I find it strange that Shittu and Ramage were resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                        Does seem strange that suddenly Hall has leapfrogged Gorrks and Connolly for a CB berth in the prem.

Oh well, thanks Kaspers, good job son!

As for the raised eyebrows to £900k... Didn't they get £5m for Mills or something like that from Sven, so to replace with Gorrks who was integral in the best defence last season and pocket over £4m profit would seem bloody good business.
                        Think NW made Hall captain until he got injured (again) so always going to get a look in when fit

Comment

It's all well and good talking about pace. But Hall and Shittu don't have football brains. Shittu last night was playing like someone who has never seen a football before. Just heading the ball in the direction it came to him at. Hall is unable to play more than 4 or 5 games in a row before getting injured and out of all our defenders as the worst record for clean sheets. Feel for Gorks as he is better than Ramage, Hall and Shittu. A decent back up. But hey, we move on!
                          First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

It's all well and good talking about pace. But Hall and Shittu don't have football brains. Shittu last night was playing like someone who has never seen a football before. Just heading the ball in the direction it came to him at. Hall is unable to play more than 4 or 5 games in a row before getting injured and out of all our defenders as the worst record for clean sheets. Feel for Gorks as he is better than Ramage, Hall and Shittu. A decent back up. But hey, we move on!
                            I think we'd all rather have Gorkss than those two or three but nobody wants those players and 900k for Gorkss is too good to turn down. Hopefully Palace will take Ramage on permanently and the money along with TF's will be put towards better quality then any of the names mentioned in these two posts.

Comment

shame to see him leave, a good pro for us, good luck gorkks.

He has been unlucky tho , moved to us from blackpool and they went up, we go up and hes sold to reading!

some things are never meant to be

Comment

good Championship defender... too slow for the Premier League....

Best of luck to the big man... he will do well at Reading!
                                The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Comment

Working...
                                X