This is worrying me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is worrying me....

If Bernie worth estimated £2B and Mittals worth estimated £18B dont seem interested in losing there fortunes, why would someone who is reportedly worth a lot less, want to take total control?? The club loses millions every year, yet this fella is coming in and we are expecting millions on new players increasing the debt, surly?

and me am worried just after free publicity can see a quote " unfortunately unable to agree...." hes had 2 weeks of free publicity,

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post
      and me am worried just after free publicity can see a quote " unfortunately unable to agree...." hes had 2 weeks of free publicity,
      would not suprise me in the slightest mate.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Mittals won't spend because they don't have control. This guy maybe a front for someone else or part of mittals gainging full control

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Mittals won't spend because they don't have control. This guy maybe a front for someone else or part of mittals gainging full control
          Mittals could have gained control at any time if they wanted to, dont think either of our illustrious billionaire owners want to throw money at the project QPR, so why would TF want to with a lot less ££££ in the bank?

Comment

Originally posted by rangerforevereastcote View Post

I can't actually see any other outcome tbh.
            This is QPR we are talking about...
            Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
              Mittals could have gained control at any time if they wanted to, dont think either of our illustrious billionaire owners want to throw money at the project QPR, so why would TF want to with a lot less ££££ in the bank?
              Mittal has earnt the money he has. He hasn't inherited like the bloke at MAn City. He therefore values his money. He is not going to pay any amount to own qpr. I think and hope that they will eventually take full control but we will never see massive spending.

Comment

This Fernandez guy simply does not have the financial capital to own this club outright, he either has partners ready to come on board, or its a load of old bull, he has previous with football clubs, West Ham and Norwich City.

Comment

Premier League football has an audience measured in billions in south east Asia.

Fernandes has a young airline based in Malaysia that is rapidly expanding. Nothing like raising your brand awareness by sticking it on the front of a football shirt that will be displayed to these billions at least twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodge70 View Post
                    Premier League football has an audience measured in billions in south east Asia.

Fernandes has a young airline based in Malaysia that is rapidly expanding. Nothing like raising your brand awareness by sticking it on the front of a football shirt that will be displayed to these billions at least twice a week.
                    Agreed Nodge, but thats just buying into the sponsorship side, can he own the club outright? Something seems very wrong to me. Is this lad just gaining cheep publicity?

Comment

Possible Ego trip for T.F. has tried to buy clubs before without success? Maybe these people knew he didn't have the money to take their clubs forward without saddling them with loads of debt

Comment

Thats a good point Nodge for the "pro-Fernandes" arguement, makes alot of sense.

Im keeping open-minded about it all tbh, I can see both scenarios (him bailing and him and the MIttals forging a joint ownership) occuring, although I must admit I am slightly more inclided to believe that a takeover will be announced Thurs.

Comment

Measured where in billions?? The only football matches to get a billions + audience are World Cup finals (and later proven to be falsly claimed). India - no one is interested mate - I have been there. China, there is some support but it is a minority - most people in China don't even have a TV, let alone pay to view.

Korea, Thailand, Malaysia etc have a big Premier League following, but audiences of billions - I don't think so. In fact no football match has ever had verified viewing figures anything like that (as FIFA have had to admit after grossly exaggeratting their viewing figures). If you look at the most watched sports events - Premier League fixtures don't even figure.

Also, QPR are unheard of outside of Europe. If a name on shirt is really worth that much - then we would have huge queues of asian sponsors at every Premier League club. Haven't really had too many offering us fortunes.

This guy has enough to buy a football club, but not to make a successful one.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                            Measured where in billions?? The only football matches to get a billions + audience are World Cup finals (and later proven to be falsly claimed). India - no one is interested mate - I have been there. China, there is some support but it is a minority - most people in China don't even have a TV, let alone pay to view.

Korea, Thailand, Malaysia etc have a big Premier League following, but audiences of billions - I don't think so. In fact no football match has ever had verified viewing figures anything like that (as FIFA have had to admit after grossly exaggeratting their viewing figures). If you look at the most watched sports events - Premier League fixtures don't even figure.

Also, QPR are unheard of outside of Europe. If a name on shirt is really worth that much - then we would have huge queues of asian sponsors at every Premier League club. Haven't really had too many offering us fortunes.

This guy has enough to buy a football club, but not to make a successful one.
                            £400mill not enough to make a successful football club?

Would you not class Everton as a successful football club? Theyre 3 owners have a combined wealth of £220mill.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              £400mill not enough to make a successful football club?

Would you not class Everton as a successful football club? Theyre 3 owners have a combined wealth of £220mill.
                              And have been desperately trying to sell it for the last three seasons..
                              No players in this season, and are about to lose a star center back..

Comment

Working...
                              X