Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

facto's thursday thought provoking thought???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• facto's thursday thought provoking thought???

watched the whole of the bolton game again now the despair and end of the world is nigh feeling has softened..............yes i'll state the obvious that the defence needs a 90 minute style makeover but if you scrutinise the game closely..............we aint as terrible as some think..........bothroyds piledriver that their defender took right in the mush goes in nine times outta ten.......1-0 up and its a different kettle of potatoes.........ive put away the noose in the loft and razor blades and 1000 paracetomols n bottle of whiskey for now............two decent defenders and another midfield workhouse to help the magnificent shaun derry and the future will be a lot brighter!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Agree mate, ain't too bad on second look.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

thing is cas we were naive in thinking we'd beat a seasoned premiership side and for me it could be a blessing in disguise long term.......if we'd have sneaked a one nil.....orr/hall/hill etc may have staked a long term place in the side............all three woefully below the quality we meed imho!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
        watched the whole of the bolton game again now the despair and end of the world is nigh feeling has softened..............yes i'll state the obvious that the defence needs a 90 minute style makeover but if you scrutinise the game closely..............we aint as terrible as some think..........bothroyds piledriver that their defender took right in the mush goes in nine times outta ten.......1-0 up and its a different kettle of potatoes.........ive put away the noose in the loft and razor blades and 1000 paracetomols n bottle of whiskey for now............two decent defenders and another midfield workhouse to help the magnificent shaun derry and the future will be a lot brighter!
        Plus new owners! The futures bright.

Comment

Agreed 0-4 was harsh. My biggest concern is that we folded so easily once the second goal went in.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
            Agreed 0-4 was harsh. My biggest concern is that we folded so easily once the second goal went in.
            my worry too also for me we looked a yard slower in the second half before the second went in???

Comment

thing is cas we were naive in thinking we'd beat a seasoned premiership side and for me it could be a blessing in disguise long term.......if we'd have sneaked a one nil.....orr/hall/hill etc may have staked a long term place in the side............all three woefully below the quality we meed imho!
              Yeah definately, what happened in the second half was terrible, although i think it was more a case that Bolton had a game plan - sit back and soak up the pressure knowing we woud come out 'guns a blazing' then hit us as they did in the 2nd half with fitter more experienced Prem players, you're right facto a blessing in disguise, bare to think how we would have coped the next month let alone the rest of the season with our current defence in the prem, no offence to them as all good players on their day, just this is the prem.
              Queens Park Rangers
              NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Agree it could be a blessing in disguise (even if it is indeed a very heavy disguise) if it leads to major investment. What I'm not sure about it is the attempt to talk up Bolton, more elsewhere than in this thread. They haven't won away since November. By Premiership standards home to Bolton was hardly the toughest fixture. According to yesterday's Times Swansea actually put up a better fight against City than we did.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  Agree it could be a blessing in disguise (even if it is indeed a very heavy disguise) if it leads to major investment. What I'm not sure about it is the attempt to talk up Bolton, more elsewhere than in this thread. They haven't won away since November. By Premiership standards home to Bolton was hardly the toughest fixture. According to yesterday's Times Swansea actually put up a better fight against City than we did.
                  i would disagree with that, another day city would have had 10 think hit cross bar twice and were really wasteful, and the keeper made some great saves

swansea passed th eball at the back well but think they had 1 attempt all night?

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                    Blessing in diguise potential =

Talking up Bolton = Agreed. Theyre a poor side and especially with Holden and the korean lad, if we want to survive we need to be beating those sides at home.

Times article = Bullsh*te IMO. We played realy well and held our own for at least half the game then collapsed. Although City didnt score until the 2nd half, all through the 1st half they wer all over Swansea and should have been 4 or 5 up at HT. Yes Man City are a far greater side than Bolton we cant argue that, but the Times cant say that they put up a better fight, I understand opinions and all that, but theres no way they put up a better fight than we did.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Would disagree with them being a poor side, if they keep Cahill there finish around half way, thought Mawamba was good for them. Does this mean Rangers will park the bus at Everton? If we play the same way up there it will be very messy!

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                        Would disagree with them being a poor side, if they keep Cahill there finish around half way, thought Mawamba was good for them. Does this mean Rangers will park the bus at Everton? If we play the same way up there it will be very messy!
                        i think i would, just want to get our firstpoints on the board asap , would sugges no place for adel

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          Bolton v Man City next weekend, so a chance to see how good Bolton actually are.
                          Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

I agree, if Bothroyd scored in the first half and Smith scored his easy chances it could have been us 4-0 up!
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                            X