Qprcat-Ray ;-)
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
Interesting comment from a Gooner
Collapse
X
-
Of course we all knew this season would be a struggle. But just speaking personally, for me to get any pleasure out of this season I will need to see us being competitive. Of course I realise there were always going to be a few heavy defeats etc but if the standard of the squad stays more or less the same - I don't consider players of the Gabiddon, Puncheon (if he comes) class particularly a step up - then I don't think we will be competitive. And we will be turned over repeatedly. Struggle yes, battling hard yes. A 1-1 home draw against Bolton say would have been a perfectly OK result. But if we are going to look so far off the pace all season then I think it might well be a case of saying "the Prem is too much of a step up for a club of our size these days. Maybe we are better being a reasonably big fish in a smaller pool." Just my personal opinion and I know for many fans the Premiership is the be all and end all but like Swanley I don't see it like that.LOL (it had to be dropped)
How anyone was looking at this season as one to compete, and see us 'win', is beyond me. We are in a dog fight, and even with funds, that would almost certainly still be the case. I am here to watch my team, no matter what. Win, lose or draw, as long as they put in a shift, I will at least have something to keep me going. For the 1st 60 minutes, they done us proud.
What I cannot accept is when we decide to roll over and die. That's when I feel cheated of my money. As gutted as I was on Saturday, I felt a few of those boys could hold their heads high.Comment
Comment