Even though we lost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even though we lost...

I think we played really well in the first half. Campbell played well, so did bothroyd and so did taarabt. If the lads keep up how they played in the 1st half against future teams and actually take the goal opportunities well then we'll be fine. The lads have now learnt a lesson and now know what the PL is like and I don't think this will happen to us again. Got a good feeling about the Everton game next week. Also to all the fans, keep on shouting, singing and cheering as this will give the players confidence like it did in the first half.

Trust me we will not be hammered again by the likes of Bolton!

U'RRRRRRRRRRRRS :yush:
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

You R'ssssss, think and hope you are right! The one thing that bothers me more than anything is the fact that at about the same time Cahill got his wonderstrike hoolahan levelled for Norwich for the point!
    Music you'll all hate www.purevolume.com/cuckooclocksglockenspiels

YOU R'SSSS

Comment

Originally posted by NikB View Post
      I think we played really well in the first half. Campbell played well, so did bothroyd and so did taarabt. If the lads keep up how they played in the 1st half against future teams and actually take the goal opportunities well then we'll be fine. The lads have now learnt a lesson and now know what the PL is like and I don't think this will happen to us again. Got a good feeling about the Everton game next week. Also to all the fans, keep on shouting, singing and cheering as this will give the players confidence like it did in the first half.

Sorry but I don't trust you

Comment

be honest... we matched them/maybe shaded it in the first half. we exceeded what i ecpected from us and could have been ahead - but we wasn't.

problem is this... when we went two down, that was it. heads went down, no chance of a comeback. midfield/attack can compete (just about) at this level... defence worries me. i love hill, lump in my throat when he talked about what getting to prem meant to him and all that, but, he's going to struggle at prem level - grim truth.

some good signs today: derry didn't look out of depth. bothroyd and campbell can work, but need more time. buzz and heidar both looked ok when they came on. no appearance from dave.

we were a bit unlucky today (goal#2 was unfortunate, goal#3 more so) but.... i didn't think bolton were all that today - poor in defence (how much space were they giving us first half?) - but they ran out easy winners. i just hope we can bounce back quickly...

Comment

No, because we won't be playing them again if we continue like that, but there's no saying we won't get hammered by someone else though.
          I just hope not.
          Queens Park Rangers
          NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

Unless we invest in better defenders then unfortunately there is every chance of us getting further hammerings. Bolton only won 2 games away from home last year.

I thought we looked pretty good going forward and when the ball was in the middle and up front (in the first 45 at least). In this league there will be extended periods of play at our end and the current defence will struggle. No getting away from it. The guys did great last year but this really is another level.

Comment

The fans should stop booing the owner during the games and concentrate on supporting the players.
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

yousef i like you but fans have every right to boo the owners.......80million sky money?????......wheres it gone???
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thecunninglinguist View Post
                  yousef i like you but fans have every right to boo the owners.......80million sky money?????......wheres it gone???
                  Understand that mate. I hate T&C but do not want this booing to affect the players. How about doing that outside the ground?
                  QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    The fans should stop booing the owner during the games and concentrate on supporting the players.
                    You make out it was constant. It wasn't. It lasted a short period and came once the game was well and truly lost.
                    WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

"the lads have NOW learnt a lesson and now know what the PL is like"

you're being waaay too kind nik, a poxy alien could tell you if you don't take chances or make silly mistakes in the PL you WILL get punished

a lot of people that txt'd me at 5pm rippin' the p!ss txt'd again during motd to say we were unlucky

a lack of luck i accept, a lack of knowledge is borrox
                      I don't care about morals 'cause the world's insane and we're all to blame anyway

Comment

Originally posted by spank the monkey View Post
                        "the lads have NOW learnt a lesson and now know what the PL is like"

you're being waaay too kind nik, a poxy alien could tell you if you don't take chances or make silly mistakes in the PL you WILL get punished

a lot of people that txt'd me at 5pm rippin' the p!ss txt'd again during motd to say we were unlucky

a lack of luck i accept, a lack of knowledge is borrox
                        Well yeah I probably am being too kind lol, and yeah they should take their chances or we will get punished.
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

A Gary Cahill one off super strike .
                          A unlucky gabbidon own goal.
                          A deflected klasnic goal .
                          And a I give up type of goal go on score mumba goal
                          Heads dropped.
                          R's

Comment

If the Cahill goal hadn't of gone in we would have got a point maybe more. It was completely unjust but that said he had ten yards of space. Gabbidon had no need to stick his leg out, Clint Hill should have called and ball would have gone out of play as Hill had Davies covered. Klasnic you can't legislate for that, nothing wrong with way was defended, just unlucky. Muamba, possibly worst player I have ever seen scores but he could not miss. Hill and in particular Orr were massive liabilities, Petrov is no slouch but he is hardly Aaron Lennon and showed that Orr is far too slow. In fact that whole passage of play from us losing the ball in their half to Davies being fouled by Faurlin highlighted our severe lack of pace particularly on the right hand side. Now we are all aware of it and I am sure Warnock is, thats why as he has had no backing he put Dyer there as a make shift RB over Orr and Clint Hill should play CB or not at all this season. Hopefully Fernandes backs him with 3-4 players. Offensively in the first half we more than held our own Hall and Gabbidon did well but that Cahill goal truly hit everyone for six.
                            15 years in the wilderness will be a distant memory come Sunday 8th May 2011.

Comment

There were positives and their were negatives. Warnocks job to sort it out. I thought we did ok first half. Thought every1 looked unfit
                              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                              X