No announcement yet.

Telford v Luton off for safety reasons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telford v Luton off for safety reasons!

Dosen't sound good if police have called this off. I know its Luton but,

Not off, just kick-off time moved.
    Extract from statement on http://www.westmercia.police.uk/news...own-match.html
    "West Mercia Police has today released the following statement regarding the change in kick off time - to 7.45pm - for the AFC Telford V Luton Town on Saturday 13 August:
    Speaking about the reasons for the change, Chief Inspector Keith Gee said:
    "West Mercia Police understand the frustrations of supporters of both clubs in relation to the new kick off time but the circumstances surrounding this fixture - and it's clash with a planned EDL protest in Telford - are highly unusual. Had it not been for the protest, we have no doubt the game would have proceeded as the planned 3pm kick off.
    "On Saturday 13 August the planned protest is set to take place in Wellington - less than half a mile from AFC Telford's stadium - which presents obvious problems in terms of ensuring the safety of those supporters travelling to the game. We have worked extremely hard with both clubs to find a solution that is satisfactory to everyone involved and one of our suggestions was reversing the fixture so that Luton entertained AFC Telford that day. Unfortunately, due to demolition work at Kenilworth Road this was not possible."

Kick-off aside, demolition work at Kenilworth Road? You'd only need to sneeze on the away end and it would fall over.
    Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Very confusing though -- the clubs are saying postponed, the police are saying a change in kick-off -- unless they have now decided to postpone it completely.
      But it is to do with an EDL rally in Telford, not the rioting per se, so not really a factor which will affect London games -- unless the EDL decide to have a rally in London on Saturday.

Comment

Telford's website says game postponed, same as sky sports.

Comment

They've clearly decided that moving the kick-off won't be enough -- if there's a problem at the EDL rally, the match would have to be postponed at very short notice, so it's better to do it this way.

Comment

Working...
          X