Tickets ad in todays paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Many of last season's games were almost sold out, apart from the tickets set aside for away fans and those with severe view restrictions.
    Sorry, but that is simply not true - in fact it is miles from the truth. Nearly all games last season were a long way from sold out. In fact most weeks we have a thread on here about how poor our gate was considering we were top. The last few games had demand - purely because we thought they would be the promotion party.

Leeds is the only game in years I have not been able to get a ticket. I have never had any other problem at all.

So many people on here saying we are a big club and need a 25 or 40,000 seater stadium when we get promoted - it is laughable. Look at our gates for the last 20+ years - apart from one season thay have stayed about the same - no matter what the price.

We had so many threads about selling out every game and would be able to sell out 25, 35 and 40,000 in th Prem....always said it was utter nonsence.

Yes, pricing would of course help and bring more people in - that is obvious and proven by whatever club it is that are doing season tickets for £100.

But the reality is - we don't have many fans willing to go regularly. If there was no price increase and we had sold out - everyone on here would be slagging off the "Johnny-Come-Lately's" and "Glory Hunters" anyway.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

We sold out the last few games of a promotion season...who wouldnt? And with our capacity that is no big deal. If we could sell out a 25 thousand seater why havent we been selling out a 18 thousand, for the last however many seasons. Its only been the last hanful of seasons we ve been paying sky high prices.

Comment

Originally posted by RussRanger View Post
        the "We got promoted, what do you expect because we are now watching Wayne Rooney, blah, blah, blah" brigade
        Yep, that's an argument I'd only understand if being promoted meant that QPR had to contribute to Wayne Rooney's wages.
        WRITING ABOUT QPR AND OTHER NONSENSE:

http://thisismyengland.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          It's polyester! And my washing machine is up the spout (shes got flu to be precise :p)....
          F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryhatrick View Post
            I bet there are at least 10,000 like me
            Unlikely. More to the point that we would start getting new fans with the promise of cheaper premiership football, just like Fulham have done.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              Yes, QPR could fill a 25,000 stadium if the tickets were cheaper and the seats were more comfortable that those at Loftus Road.

The reason this game is not sold out is quite clear from the advert. Adult seat prices start from £40. That's £40 to sit in the corners and paddocks and £55 if you want a half decent view.

If they were priced along the lines of those charged by Everton, Wigan, Wolves,West Brom, Wigan & Blackburn etc then I am confident that all the stands apart from the School end would have sold out weeks ago.

Again, if 12,000 STs were made available at between £550-800 they too would have sold out.

Do you seriously think that fans wont have bought up all the tickets for this game if the prices were cheaper?

In case you have forgotten already, QPR either sold out or had only a few severely restricted view tickets left to home fans for the last few home games last season. 18,000 against Leicester and Leeds, near 18,000 for Hull etc.

Many of last season's games were almost sold out, apart from the tickets set aside for away fans and those with severe view restrictions.
              Spot on. Real shame there looks to be no plans in place to move to a new stadium.
              Now, Then, Forever
              [CENTER]QPR-Football League CHAMPIONS

Comment

We would sell out a 25K seater stadium very easily for all but a handful of games (Bolton, Wigan, Wolves and Blackburn). Its not an argument on numbers attending its price.

If we sold 25K seats at £35 each (very very good value for money for Premiership football) the club would make around £3million more a season than they will this coming one. We don't sell out now at 18K capacity because people won't pay £45 plus for a ticket for what is now regarded as sub-standard facilities. Nowadays we all want value for money whatever it is, Holidays, eating out, football etc etc.

Ticket demand for any Premiership game whoever is playing will always outstretch demand except in a very few cases, certainly in London every PL game demand is at a premium. Look at West Ham for example, even though they had a sh*te season last year they all but sold out every league game.

If BE and Flabio etc had set the matchday prices more reasonably we would sell out every game weeks in advance. In my opinion ST's are really good value, but match day prices stink!
                22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Working...
                X